UPDATE: LB Karlos Dansby good match for new Bills defense scheme?

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as a point of reference, James Harrison's contract is worth a max of $4.45 MM over two years

http://www.steelersd...45-million-max/

I think this is a very reasonable contract.

Compared to Dansby, Harrison is 3 years older but has similar 'name value'.

If we sign Dansby, I expect it will be higher than Harrison's contract probably in the 3 MM per year range total.

Dansby will get between 4-5M a year a 50% pay cut...I don't see him taking any less. One of the teams will pay him that money for a 2-year contract.

The last two mornings I've woken up thinking "we'll know something for sure one way or the other" and...nothing!

Does anyone have anyone at all on this? Is he still on town? Ahhhhhh, I need info!

Why? Do you need have lunch with him or something ? :rolleyes:

"Nix on LB Karlos Dansby: "Visit went well. We liked him. The talks are still ongoing."

I did hear yesterday that we may sign Dansby after the draft. I still really hope we get him. That would help a lot.

The Bills tweeted that, so he did say it today.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

"Nix on LB Karlos Dansby: "Visit went well. We liked him. The talks are still ongoing."

I did hear yesterday that we may sign Dansby after the draft. I still really hope we get him. That would help a lot.

I really hope we sign him.

Thanks. Sounds like a deal WILL get done but at the moment, teams are just too focused on the draft to do this kind of pickup. We're talking about Dansby, not Tank Carder here. He's a top notch FA.

Edited by mrags

Thanks. Sounds like a deal WILL get done but at the moment, teams are just too focused on the draft to do this kind of pickup. We're talking about Dansby, not Tank Carder here. He's a top notch FA.

Yeah, that seems to make sense. He really would be an upgrade, but it makes the most sense for both sides if they wait. The teams get to disguise their intentions a bit if they are gung-ho on taking a LB early, and once the draft is over Dansby gets considerably more leverage with the teams who don't fill the need.

So, basically, he visited the Bills and will get back to them if he doesn't get a better offer, will will likely happen after the draft.

Dansby update Posted by Chris Brown on April 25, 2013 – 12:37 pm

A couple of days ago the Bills hosted free agent LB Karlos Dansby for a visit at One Bills Drive. Bills GM Buddy Nix provided an update after the visit concluded without a contract signing.

“He had a good visit,” Nix told Buffalobills.com. “We liked him. It’s still ongoing. It’s not dead, but it’s not done either.”

Dansby would add a veteran presence to what is largely a young linebacking corps for the Bills. A 10-year vet, Dansby is coming off a career season in which he led the Dolphins with a career-high 134 tackles.

My take is that the Bills are indeed going to sign Dansby, but won't make the announcement until after the first or second round or even right after the draft to not tip their hand to the other teams so that they will believe that the Bills have interest in more players. They don't want to hinder their ability to trade down in this draft in any way. very savvy move.

Signing Dansby will show that the Bills are at least trying to be competitive this year.

•  

Obviously, we haven't learned from the USFL's call to Kelly @ OBD or letting Atlanta up its offer to their guard..

I think I understand the ploy, but it has significant 'Backfire' capability..

i find it hard to believe that a deal is in place and they are waiting just trade leverage. if anything is being hidden its that the deal is dead, and they still want to hide interest in a draftable lb and dansby still wants the leverage. MOST LIKELY its just in limbo and dansby is on the market because he wants more than anyone is offering... i think its CB being more fan than journalist there.

i find it hard to believe that a deal is in place and they are waiting just trade leverage. if anything is being hidden its that the deal is dead, and they still want to hide interest in a draftable lb and dansby still wants the leverage. MOST LIKELY its just in limbo and dansby is on the market because he wants more than anyone is offering... i think its CB being more fan than journalist there.

I actually disagree with that. I think its far more likely to have agreed to a deal and Dansby agreed to wait until after the first couple of rounds, if not the whole draft, in order to keep the Bills draft strategy more secret, especially in this draft that is being speculated could break the all time trade record during a draft.