My view of drafting and this draft

Trading back would work in this sense...very few teams past 8th are in the market for a QB. Concensus on NFL nework, ESPN and other football sites is the late first round will be where the action will be. Teams needing a QB will try to trade back into the first to get the guy they want. If the Bills move back to say 18-22 position, pick up an extra pick (2nd or 3rd). The can get Barkley or any of the other QBs on the board. All our conjectures can blow up if at the top of the draft Smith and Barkley are taken in the first 5 picks. We will have to wait and see.

Trading back would work in this sense...very few teams past 8th are in the market for a QB. Concensus on NFL nework, ESPN and other football sites is the late first round will be where the action will be. Teams needing a QB will try to trade back into the first to get the guy they want. If the Bills move back to say 18-22 position, pick up an extra pick (2nd or 3rd). The can get Barkley or any of the other QBs on the board. All our conjectures can blow up if at the top of the draft Smith and Barkley are taken in the first 5 picks. We will have to wait and see.

This is what they say every year so it seems about teams not wanting to trade up or down and that you can find many good players still in the late 1st round but yet every year trades still happen... It's going to happen again... Every team will not sit in their drafting spot and teams will be making calls to each other to negotiate moving up or down on the board... Just hope this year that it's us... Trading down of course...

the problem i have with waiting until next year to grab a qb is that you have absolutely no idea what will happen between now and then. if you are expecting this team to improve this year then we will have a worse pick than this year in the first round, and it would seem logical that with a pick somewhere around 13-16, there will be no way we get even a sniff of one of next year's "elite" qb prospects. and on the other hand, if you want this team to bottom out and get a top 3 pick, then we will be that much closer to looking for a new coach. i think we need to come away with a legitimate rookie qb prospect this year and give it hell, nothing says we can't draft another one next year if things don't work out. but i feel we at least have to try.

Whose to say Jake Matthews isn't a better tackle than Fisher or Johnson? Or that Lee is better than Patterson? Clowney is better than any defensive player in this years draft so they should wait on him too. I don't think a team has invested less in terms of draft picks than the Bills since Nix arrived. If the Bills QB draft a QB and he's terrible then obviously people will want to improve the position.

As for drafting players who have the ability to be less bad than others. I couldn't think of a worse philosophy.

This is what they say every year so it seems about teams not wanting to trade up or down and that you can find many good players still in the late 1st round but yet every year trades still happen... It's going to happen again... Every team will not sit in their drafting spot and teams will be making calls to each other to negotiate moving up or down on the board... Just hope this year that it's us... Trading down of course...

I find that reading any one of these posts aloud with an English accent makes them sound as authoritative as the word of God, so we should do that right away.

Edited by Ralonzo