let's talk about a team that is really doomed, NY and MIA

frogger

I know the Dolphins have been the "winner" of free agency in the AFC east so far... But, look at the contracts,if I'm not mistaken after year one they explode. Example, without checking and basing this only on what I've heard, mike Wallace counts for 3 million this year them year two 17! Clearly they hope the cap goes up more next year. Not to mention, they cut their best defensive player not named wake.

I don't have to explain the jets, we are aware of all of their losses.

The teams that have "won" will be cutting payroll next year, this is great for 2013, but hurts the remaining years. Remember how good the ravens were last year, I expect them to be drafting top ten in 14...the Dolphins might having a winning record next year, but they'll be in a similar situation soon.

Edited by frogger

I know the Dolphins have been the "winner" of free agency in the AFC east so far... But, look at the contracts,if I'm not mistaken after year one they explode. Example, without checking and basing this only on what I've heard, mike Wallace counts for 3 million this year them year two 17! Clearly they hope the cap goes up more next year. Not to mention, they cut their best defensive player not named wake.

I don't have to explain the jets, we are aware of all of their losses.

The teams that have "won" will be cutting payroll next year, this is great for 2013, but hurts the remaining years. Remember how good the ravens were last year, I expect them to be drafting top ten in 14...the Dolphins might having a winning record next year, but they'll be in a similar situation soon.

I got news for ya, it ain't so great for 2013 either. FA signings, especially to big contracts, rarely turn a team's fortune in the first season. Miami will implode.

GO BILLS!!!

Remember how good the ravens were last year, I expect them to be drafting top ten in 14...the Dolphins might having a winning record next year, but they'll be in a similar situation soon.

So, this similar situation that the Dolphins will have with the Ravens: are you saying that the Dolphins could win the Super Bowl next year? And the Bills are somehow in a better position, long term?

Two years ago the Eagles won free agency. Last year the Bills were one of the teams that won free agency. Redskins in years past were always one of the teams who spent big. It doesn't always translate to success. I recall Marino's last year in Miami I think they made a bunch of big moves.

I know the Dolphins have been the "winner" of free agency in the AFC east so far... But, look at the contracts,if I'm not mistaken after year one they explode.

I don't have to explain the jets, we are aware of all of their losses. (...) Remember how good the ravens were last year, I expect them to be drafting top ten in 14...

For all the chuckling last year at Rexy's "clowns" and the Fall of the Phins both teams have 'pwn'ed us in recent years.

Last year we only split with them, and the 'Phins had a better W-L at the end.

I'll refrain from laughing, or pontificating about their doom, until *we* shape up and start 'pwn'ing them on a regular basis. May that day come soon.

The Ravens, as an organization, have built a well-deserved rep for knowing what they're doing. Playoffs 6 of the last 7 years, Superbowl. Yes, they've lost big, but their organization has also earned the benefit of the doubt to see whether they have the depth and the nose for FA and draft talent to deal with it. I'll wait to have expectations about their downfall until I see it.