Sweet Street Justice at SXSW

Would have been better if the guy hadn't acted so tough after blindsiding the drunk idiot.

My thought, too. He kicked him, too, while he was down. That's just lame. Then the one who got punched acted tough guy and stood over him and kicked him.

Still, made me laugh, that was fun to just see someone knocked out.

My thought, too. He kicked him, too, while he was down. That's just lame. Then the one who got punched acted tough guy and stood over him and kicked him.

Still, made me laugh, that was fun to just see someone knocked out.

Yeah, I have no issue at all with him getting knocked out. Drunk or not, you start acting like that you get what's coming to you. I don't even care about the guy blindsiding him. Why put yourself into harms way when you can take the guy out with one punch? But acting like you're a bad ass for doing so is just sad.

Yeah, I have no issue at all with him getting knocked out. Drunk or not, you start acting like that you get what's coming to you. I don't even care about the guy blindsiding him. Why put yourself into harms way when you can take the guy out with one punch? But acting like you're a bad ass for doing so is just sad.

Yea - you want to cheer for the "hero" but you get the impression that he's often the one causing problems in the first place.

Acting like a badass? He hit him once and disappeared into the night. The extra little kick to the side was a "just in case" move, and when your adrenline is pumping like that sometimes you cant even help it. Dude is the hero of the entire evening.

yeah bc its much better to attack him viciously than just call the cops that are right there

neanderthals

Cops were called but werent getting there fast enough (it IS a huge festival all over Austin right now), and club security was even out there but wouldnt do anything.

No way you can criticize the hero for anything here.

Acting like a badass? He hit him once and disappeared into the night. The extra little kick to the side was a "just in case" move, and when your adrenline is pumping like that sometimes you cant even help it. Dude is the hero of the entire evening.

I was talking of the strut he did after the punch and as he was being pushed back. And yes, apparently I can.

I was talking of the strut he did after the punch and as he was being pushed back. And yes, apparently I can.

The way I see it (and I am no street brawler) the one kid was trying to break up the confrontation with the bully creep and the creep sucker punched him in the jaw...as the bully was coming back at the kid in the red shirt the smaller kid in the white shirt decided to help out...I am good with that (sucker punch or not, that creep had it coming)...the kick did nothing more than embarrass the bully and send a message that a group of kids won't tolerate that kind of showboating mentality. Comforting to know some young men will step up and help out when they see an honest to goodness !@#$ causing problems.

The way I see it (and I am no street brawler) the one kid was trying to break up the confrontation with the bully creep and the creep sucker punched him in the jaw...as the bully was coming back at the kid in the red shirt the smaller kid in the white shirt decided to help out...I am good with that (sucker punch or not, that creep had it coming)...the kick did nothing more than embarrass the bully and send a message that a group of kids won't tolerate that kind of showboating mentality. Comforting to know some young men will step up and help out when they see an honest to goodness !@#$ causing problems.

Nailed it. Well said.

The kid took a huge risk and put his own safety on the line in defense of that entire crowd. That's not even an exaggeration. Notice no one else of the 50 people around there was doing anything. I'll give him the kick and the "strut", when you are forced to jump into something like that you cant be dumb and think its going to end in one punch.

I dont know that I would do the same in that situation, but I respect him for doing so.

Nailed it. Well said.

The kid took a huge risk and put his own safety on the line in defense of that entire crowd. That's not even an exaggeration. Notice no one else of the 50 people around there was doing anything. I'll give him the kick and the "strut", when you are forced to jump into something like that you cant be dumb and think its going to end in one punch.

I dont know that I would do the same in that situation, but I respect him for doing so.

And unmentioned - those that cleaned up after the KO - though not as risky, did the right thing getting everyone off the guy even if they werent willing to risk taking a punch or arrest for fighting earlier when it was more volatile

Edited by NoSaint

And unmentioned - those that cleaned up after the KO - though not as risky, did the right thing getting everyone off the guy even if they werent willing to risk taking a punch or arrest for fighting earlier when it was more volatile

Yes indeed, it was all well handled. And I guess I would expect that of a SXSW crowd.

Nailed it. Well said.

I think that's actually the definition of exaggeration. He blindsided a drunk guy! How the hell is that putting himself at risk? Nobody else did anything because they were all laughing at the douche bag. Everybody wasn't scared, they just didn't give a ****. They were having more fun watching the show.

As I said very clearly, I have no problem at all with the hit.

yeah bc its much better to attack him viciously than just call the cops that are right there

neanderthals

Exactly. What happens if this turns into a thing like the RJ Vanecko incident (Mayor Daly's nephew)? Should the "hero" "swing" if he kills him (head on pavement) like w/Koschman? If you don't know the story... Google it.

I say it isn't worth risking a murder rap on this douchebag.

Cops were called but werent getting there fast enough (it IS a huge festival all over Austin right now), and club security was even out there but wouldnt do anything.

The dude is on tape... He kills him with that punch after blind siding him... Should he swing? Again, not worth a manslaughter rap.

Exactly. What happens if this turns into a thing like the RJ Vanecko incident (Mayor Daly's nephew)? Should the "hero" "swing" if he kills him (head on pavement) like w/Koschman? If you don't know the story... Google it.

I say it isn't worth risking a murder rap on this douchebag.

The dude is on tape... He kills him with that punch after blind siding him... Should he swing? Again, not worth a manslaughter rap.

I agree that it was an extremely risky move to take that swing, but sometimes it has to happen. When you read through the details of the Vanecko case, they are very different than the situation caught on tape here. Big difference between Illinois courts and Texas justice as well.

If it was just that one punch and that guy died, I dont think the kid would actually get convicted. There would have to be a trial of some sort, but one punch is reasonable defense there.

Note, it was the drunk idiot that ended up going to jail at the end of the video.

Comment from elsewhere:

Actually, legally the rights of self-defense may extend to protect another person: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_self-defense#Defense_of_others

I'm not a lawyer, but this would of course make perfect sense, as you are supposed to help others and are supposed to prevent danger. He hit the guy after another person was attacked. Texas extends rights of protection not only out to others but also out to property (as in land) and personal effects. We take our right to personal protection very seriously.