Dan Marino scams the court system

Just Jack

In all honesty, its a bad idea for people in the public to be part of Jury Duty. As it is also a bad idea for law engorcement, and public officials. These people are either in the public and can be easily located and threatened or paid off. And law enforcement has obvious reasons why they shouldn't have to be there as well.

Just MO.

In all honesty, its a bad idea for people in the public to be part of Jury Duty. As it is also a bad idea for law engorcement, and public officials. These people are either in the public and can be easily located and threatened or paid off. And law enforcement has obvious reasons why they shouldn't have to be there as well.

Just MO.

Here in New Orleans our mayor served and was selected recently. Found it incredibly innappropriate for a variety of reasons. Those you mentioned plus his own political agenda to look tough on crime.

Here in New Orleans our mayor served and was selected recently. Found it incredibly innappropriate for a variety of reasons. Those you mentioned plus his own political agenda to look tough on crime.

exactly. As many here know I'm a corrections officer. As one of my fellow officers stated to me me one time made me realize all this. So I'm supposed to go up there and pretent to be fair when in my job Ive got to not believe a thing these criminals say because they ALL lie all the time. And yet when I am on a jury that sentences this person to prison time, I get the opportunity to cross paths with this person in the future when he's all pissed off and holding grudges at not only society, but specifically me for putting him there. Maybe I sound like a whiner here, but most people wouldn't want to get that opportunity.

When I lived in South Florida, I was called for jury duty to that same place. Twice.

The first time, my number was called but before someone came to take us to the courtroom, the case was settled. We all went back into the pool. I was never called and left around 3:30. I read Nassim Taleb's "The Black Swan", a book about how rare events happen all the time.

I was called again 3 years later. My number came up early and I spent all day in Voir Dire. When asked if he could be fair and impartial, the guy sitting next to me said, "Man, I done time for something' I ain't done. I don't trust the justice system." He was dismissed at the break. Wish I had thoug of that. I was excused at the end but the had this 82 year old lady that had been a maid her whole life ended up on the jury. I told her I was sorry on the way out. She seemed fine with it.

I would have bugged Marino all day.