any Compensatory Picks coming to the Bills?

ganesh

It is always computed off the previous season. Considering we didn't lose anyone of significance and signed the Biggest FA on the market, I would say we get zero.

Our signing of Mario and Anderson without equivalent losses will nett us zero picks.

And it will be the same next year too...The reason is we have released many of the folks. The only loss to FA is Levitre. However, if Manny Lawson has a good year, than that might be a wash.

NFL announces 32 compensatory draft picks to 16 teams:

http://www.nfl.com/n...cks-to-16-teams

Bills get nada.

New England also got none (Probably in many years)....

As you might possibly surmise from the post directly above, the compensatory picks have been announced and awarded:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/ravens-falcons-get-four-compensatory-picks/

None for the Bills.

Here’s the complete rundown of 2013 compensatory picks:

Atlanta Falcons (four picks): one fourth-rounder (No. 133), three seventh-rounders (Nos. 243, 244, 249).

Baltimore Ravens (four): one fourth-rounder (No. 130), one-fifth-rounder (No. 168), one sixth-rounder (No. 203), one seventh-rounder (No. 247).

Tennessee Titans (three): one third-rounder (No. 97), one sixth-rounder (No. 202), one seventh-rounder (N0. 248).

San Francisco 49ers (three): one fourth-rounder (No. 131), two seventh-rounders (Nos. 246, 252).

Houston Texans (two): one third-rounder (No. 95), one sixth-rounder (No. 201).

Kansas City Chiefs (two): one third-rounder (No. 96), one sixth-rounder (No. 2o4).

Detroit Lions (two): one fourth-rounder (No. 132), one seventh-rounder (No. 245).

Miami Dolphins (two): one fifth-rounder (No. 166), one seventh-rounder (No. 250).

Cincinnati Bengals (two): two seventh-rounders (Nos. 240, 251).

Seattle Seahawks (two): two seventh-rounders (Nos. 241, 242).

Green Bay Packers (one): a fifth-rounder (No. 167).

Oakland Raiders (one): a sixth-rounder (No. 205).

Pittsburgh Steelers (one): a sixth-rounder (No. 206).

Philadelphia Eagles (one): a seventh-rounder (No. 239).

New York Giants (one): a seventh-rounder (No. 253).

Indianapolis Colts (one): a seventh-rounder (No. 254).

San Francisco already has a slew of draft picks and now they get 3 more.

How many total does that give them? Geez.

Our signing of Mario and Anderson without equivalent losses will nett us zero picks.

And it will be the same next year too...The reason is we have released many of the folks. The only loss to FA is Levitre. However, if Manny Lawson has a good year, than that might be a wash.

New England also got none (Probably in many years)....

1 in 1 out means at most a 7th

Are the Bills in line for any compensatory picks at this years Draft in about 5 weeks ?

According to this, no.

http://sports.yahoo....14814--nfl.html

We wouldn't know about the 2014 draft until next year, when I think the loss of Levitre will get us something but probably not much.

Until I saw this post I was actually going to start a thread to ask if anyone believed there was a good reason for the "compensation picks". It just doesn't make sense to me. 3 teams this year got 3rd round picks, a pretty hefty windfall if you ask me. It actually seems like this program rewards teams for not signing their best players, and the awards seem to be somewhat arbitrary. Personally I think the compensation picks are a scam, and mostly benefit teams that are already at the top of the league in talent (Hou, ATL, Bal, SF, were among the best compensated getting either a 3 or 4 plus later picks as well).

If the compensation picks were all rounds 5 and later, I could buy into that. But giving away 3rd and 4th round picks doesn't seem fair IMO. Maybe someone can explain it to me in a way I haven't thought of yet.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

According to this, no.

http://sports.yahoo....14814--nfl.html

We wouldn't know about the 2014 draft until next year, when I think the loss of Levitre will get us something but probably not much.

Until I saw this post I was actually going to start a thread to ask if anyone believed there was a good reason for the "compensation picks". It just doesn't make sense to me. 3 teams this year got 3rd round picks, a pretty hefty windfall if you ask me. It actually seems like this program rewards teams for not signing their best players, and the awards seem to be somewhat arbitrary. Personally I think the compensation picks are a scam, and mostly benefit teams that are already at the top of the league in talent (Hou, ATL, Bal, SF, were among the best compensated getting either a 3 or 4 plus later picks as well).

If the compensation picks were all rounds 5 and later, I could buy into that. But giving away 3rd and 4th round picks doesn't seem fair IMO. Maybe someone can explain it to me in a way I haven't thought of yet.

I believe the round of compensation is also tied with the rounds at which the departed player was originally drafted. The higher they are drafted, the chance of getting a better pick (Since Mario was a 1st round pick, the Texans received the highest available 3rd round pick). The NFL does have some real complicated formula to arrive at this set of picks.

I think the NFL should award us one each round starting in the 3rd round (earliest you can get a pick) just out of Mercy.

And the Bills front office will still not know how to use it. They will use it on a tiny WR or a DB.