NFL Network & ESPN Coverage is ANNOYING!

MClem06

In the NFL, I understand that there are bigger market teams but the coverage is so ridiculously uneven on the teams that are talked about it's like listening to today's radio and hearing the same crap day in and day out. Everytime the Jets or Pats have something happen it's front page. I feel alot of the angst that i have over this is that 1) i know it's not going to change anytime soon 2)Bills aren't good enough to talk about 3) the words Brady and Pats give both networks major wood. 3) Other teams are in the same boat of neglect.

Let's ask this question: why do the Jets (who have sucked the last 3 years) have more coverage than the Giants (who have the same big market fanbase)?

Eh...its' just the way it is. Small market team isn't the issue, so much as rarely winning team...the two elements combined make the Bills irrelevant to the vast majority of NFL followers...

What I found kind of interesting about most of the coverage the Bills have received since FA started is the fact that the Bills releasing Ryan Fitzpatrick was framed as being a "shocking" or "surprising". It just goes to show how little any of the national people really follow the day to day stuff with the Bills. I don't think anyone on TSW found the move all that surprising or shocking. Their attention to the Bills seems to be like that of somebody who plays Fantasy Football, but doesn't watch the actual games.

I can excuse ESPN for doing this since they cover other sporting events and have no obligation to devote time to every story.

I can not excuse NFL Network though. When you are a TV channel that is devoted to one subject: the National Football League, then you should be talking about every aspect of it.

In the NFL, I understand that there are bigger market teams but the coverage is so ridiculously uneven on the teams that are talked about it's like listening to today's radio and hearing the same crap day in and day out. Everytime the Jets or Pats have something happen it's front page. I feel alot of the angst that i have over this is that 1) i know it's not going to change anytime soon 2)Bills aren't good enough to talk about 3) the words Brady and Pats give both networks major wood. 3) Other teams are in the same boat of neglect.

Let's ask this question: why do the Jets (who have sucked the last 3 years) have more coverage than the Giants (who have the same big market fanbase)?

Because the Bills are irrelevant and have been since the 90s. Until that changes, it’ll be same ole, same ole.

The Jets get more attention because they’re a circus and the Giants are not.

If you think Brady & the Pats* give them wood, Tim Tebow must be the happy ending.

Eh...its' just the way it is. Small market team isn't the issue, so much as rarely winning team...the two elements combined make the Bills irrelevant to the vast majority of NFL followers...

Plus not courting the big name free agent this year.

Does the MLB network give extensive Pirates and Royals coverage during the offseason? When you're small market and irrelevant on the field this is what you get.

Actually, yes they do. They do spring training games, specials, and visits for every team. They call it 30 clubs in 30 days and 30 games in 30 days.

Edited by Mark80