Matt Cassel was just released (update - picked up by Vikings)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if pats resign him to backup Brady and trade mallet for a pick. He was terrific in relief before and they don't seem totally sold on mallet as the heir apparent. In this qb deficient draft I could see someone trading a 3rd for mallet rather than using a 2nd to draft qb

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

but GUYS he played so well in place of Brady!

I know you're kidding but seriously, I never understood why so many people thought 11-5 was a "good" season. The Patriots went 16-0 during the regular season one year earlier with Tom Terrific at the helm and 11-5 with Cassel. If they had gone 12-4 a season earlier with Brady and finished with 5 fewer wins with Cassel, all people would be talking about is what a difference the change in quarterbacks made.

How is his failure not an indictment on what I've been saying about Marcia for years:

That if not for his coach, his defense, and his offensive line, Tom Brady would be less than half the quarterback he is today.

We needed a control group, Cassel was precisely that, he finished out 2008 10-6 (Bills haven't had a record that good since the turn of the millenium), and now he's completely nose-dived without the Pats* support staff.

How is his failure not an indictment on what I've been saying about Marcia for years:

That if not for his coach, his defense, and his offensive line, Tom Brady would be less than half the quarterback he is today.

We needed a control group, Cassel was precisely that, he finished out 2008 10-6 (Bills haven't had a record that good since the turn of the millenium), and now he's completely nose-dived without the Pats* support staff.

Actually finished out 11-5. To your point what I pointed out earlier in this thread, they were 16-0 with Brady a year earlier, 11-5 with Cassel. 5 fewer wins is a big drop-off.

Cassel>TJAX so it is a no brainer in that regard.

The real question is do you still draft 2 QBs if Cassel is on the roster.

One in the 1st and one in 4th.

So do you want Cassel over a 4th round QB.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Cassel>TJAX so it is ano brainer.

The real question is do you still draft 2 QBs if Cassel is on the roster.

One in the 1st and one in 4th.

So do you want Cassel over a 4th round QB.

We only have 6 draft picks--meaning we have little to offer in trade, and our limited resources might dictate how we allocate them--i.e. not spending a third of our picks on one position knowing half of them will NOT have an impact.