And They Say It's a Copy Cat League ?

T master

I know that in the playing aspect of the game it is very much a copy cat league, if something is working other teams are bound to pick up on it & at least try it . So why doesn't the Bills front office do the same thing ?

We've seen what bad & good coaching hires can do & been living with it for 13 seasons such as :

Kay Stevenson vs Chuck Knox

Hank Bullough vs Lou Saban

Greg Williams vs Wade Phillips

Chan Gailey vs Marv Levy --------------- So you know where i'm going with this !!

Our beloved Bills have great fans, i think we have a good owner that wants to win, a great city to play for, a history to be some what proud of & with a history that you can look back on & learn from. With other successful NFL franchise & this being said copy cat league you would think that the FO would learn something , YA think ?

Just look at a New England, Baltimore, Denver & other successful teams around the league & copy cat them instead of not learning anything and going back to the things that have failed in the past .

The NFL is not only a copy cat league but it is a forward thinking league so why haven't the Bills FO just looked around & learned not only from other teams but from their past ??

I'm not sure I see what youre trying to say. I think the Bills are doing something different this time. We went with a a guy from the college ranks, that was a HC and was fairly sucessful He was targeted by several teams (at least those were the rumors).

If you theory is to get a good QB, then yes we should try that

Because people want to succeed in a way that is different from what everyone else is doing. It's why certain fads go out of style in life. For a little while the snap wristband was a really cool thing, then everyone had one and the people who originally had them found something different.

Ok, that's a bit of a weird analogy there, but essentially it's true. People want to be different and win in the NFL, so they can say they did it their own way.

So looking at your list of coaches I see:

A re-cycled head coach who was hired here who was successful prior in LA and also did well here: Chuck Knox

A re-cycled head coach who was hired here who was middle of the road at best prior in KC and did extreamly well here: Marv Levy

An assistant coach promoted to head coach and was a complete failure: Hank Bullough and I believe also Kay S?

An assistant coach promoted to head coach and did pretty well as a head coach, maybe would have done better if RW didn't get rid of him though from what I've seen what he id here in Buffalo is about all ytou'd expect from him: Wade Phillips

An up and coming great assistant who did very poorly as a head coach: Greg Williams

A re-cycled head coach who was who was middle of the road at best prior and did even worse here: Dick Jaron and Chan Gailey

Seems the Bill's have tried just about every option, some worked well, most didn't.

Guess I don't see a point or more importantly a pattern??