How many days and hours do you work per week

Somewhere between 70 -80 hrs in a seven day week. Have dairly farm so cows and chores must be tended to every day 365 days a year. Also have art gallery which is open six days a week. Difference is as family we share the three meals together a day and also all family members take part in work to be done so we are together. My opinion is that one need either find vocation or home that is close enough to work place that you are able to share meals with family everday and everyday time is set aside for family, nothing comes ahead of family. Our standard in our group is that men do not take on work that would keep them from being home for evening dinner everyday work that keeps a man away from home over night is not done. There are ways to earn money and still be at home try and be creative... family first.

Those folks at carmax may be giving you a little blue sky, I'd be careful. The car Biz is not what it use to be, been there done that. Family always comes first. It may be time to hang up the golf clubs for a while. Many here have given you good advice. Good Luck

I'm down to 40-42 hours week. Have to do a couple hours every Sunday morning.

Live within your means and enjoy your family. Downsize, if it means spending more time with them. Family is everything. Don't ever short them for the greenback.

198052[/snapback]

Agreed. As you know, I just changed jobs which will reduce the amount of travelling I do. This will give me more time with Kristy.

Those folks at carmax may be giving you a little blue sky, I'd be careful. The car Biz is not what it use to be, been there done that. Family always comes first. It may be time to hang up the golf clubs for a while. Many here have given you good advice. Good Luck

198327[/snapback]

I work 45 hours/5 day week at a mfg plant. When there was a possiblity my plant was going to close, I got an offer to work at a new car dealership. 12hr days, 6 day week and sometine Sundays. NO THANKS!!

I quit a 60,000 a year job to work a 40,000 a year job. The reason: so I can work 8 hours a day instead of 10-12. I work M-F, home by 1 pm. I spend as much time as possible with my 2 kids. I made that decision 10 years ago, and never regret it. Soon they will have no need for Dad, and then they will be gone to their own life.

So give them as much of yourself as you can, not anything else. Money means NOTHING when your Daughter breaks her arm, and you are there to hold her and get her to a Doctor. Or when your Son is going to bat for the first time. Being at work is NOT where I want to be EVER!!!

Zona

I work 45 hours/5 day week at a mfg plant.  When there was a possiblity my plant was going to close, I got an offer to work at a new car dealership.  12hr days, 6 day week and sometine Sundays.  NO THANKS!!

198347[/snapback]

I did it for over 20 years, so I know a little bit about it. :devil:

work 40 to 72 hrs at ge on 3rd shift . throw in 10 at the apt bldg.and another 30 to 40 hrs doing decks spring to fall . 2 more years with the deck work and then i am selling it . it is getting harder to work so many hrs time to slow down .