FO Changes still Need 2 B Made @ 1 Bills Dr.

T master

I don't know that this has been talked about or not b/c i take periodic times away from the site , but who ever is in charge of OK ing the contracts @ 1 Bills Dr needs to be fired ASAP !!

OK they do the cap to cash thing & i don't have a problem with that b/c it usually keeps us out of cap trouble but who ever this person is they need to put a bit of fore thought into looking out for the teams best interest when it comes to the future of the cap !!

I believe even with the changes that have been made in the recent past, the people that write & over see these contracts are the same ones that have been screwing up since way back when Derrick Dochery was given the freedom to walk with out any compensation at all . If they would have at least tendered him they would have gotten a low draft pick or something for him.

Then there was the moronick contract extension that was given to DJ, only to fire him & then pay him for the rest of his extension . What good franchise makes these kinds of stupid mistakes with their money ? Maybe thats the problem they don't care b/c it's Ralph's money.

I know DJ's contract didn't count towards the cap but it still shows total financial incompetence !!

Then to end my post I will talk a bit about this years dilemma, if this person that over see's these contracts & OK's them to go through & be signed used there head more like a Ozzy Newsome or others in charge around the league we wouldn't have over $10 million going to a second string QB & not have the money to resign a very good top of the line OG .

The End !!

Look, our team sucked last year. Did anyone really think we were a tweak away? For better or worse, this new crew is going to pass or fail with their own people. Let's see how this all plays out before the hand wringing and wailing begins.

Nope, no one has ever said Nix should be fired. You're the first.

PTR

Link?

First off wasn't he in the league more years than allowed to be tendered?? It's been awhile, don't recall, but seems this was his second contract when he came here, hard to believe he wasn't beyond the tender range. But lets not actual rules get in the way of a good rant here. Historically very few tendered players ever go anywhere as teams won't give up the draft picks. So most likely thing would have been either we'd have kept DD, signed him to the tender contract (assuming he actually was eligible), could have cut him after that, but that money would have counted against Buffalo's total salary cap so possible could have prevented us from signing someone else. Tender contracts are usually low, but again question whether he was even eligible for that.

Teams have fired coaches all the time maybe one season after re-signing a contract. Jax just did it, In the NBA the Lakers did it one season and four games later. I'd think it would have been worse to keep him because they just resigned him, but they didn't. To me that's a good thing.

I think you need to get a dose of reality and probably wouldn't hurt to actually learn the rules before posting.

Derrick Dochery was given the freedom to walk with out any compensation at all . If they would have at least tendered him they would have gotten a low draft pick or something for him.

What good franchise makes these kinds of stupid mistakes with their money ?

I know DJ's contract didn't count towards the cap but it still shows total financial incompetence !!

Then to end my post I will talk a bit about this years dilemma, if this person that over see's these contracts & OK's them to go through & be signed used there head more like a Ozzy Newsome or others in charge around the league we wouldn't have over $10 million going to a second string QB & not have the money to resign a very good top of the line OG .

The End !!

I believe even with the changes that have been made in the recent past, the people that write & over see these contracts are the same ones that have been screwing up since way back when Derrick Dochery was given the freedom to walk with out any compensation at all . If they would have at least tendered him they would have gotten a low draft pick or something for him.

Derrick Dockery signed a 7 year contract in 2007 and was cut in 2009. You can't "tender" someone who is already under contract. Our options were to overpay him as per his contract or cut him.

Nope, no one has ever said Nix should be fired. You're the first.

PTR

Is he the one that makes the final decision on the contract signings ? Or is it Overdorf ? Or some one else ?

Part of the reason i wrote this post was b/c i'm not sure who has that ultimate power ...

Is he the one that makes the final decision on the contract signings ? Or is it Overdorf ? Or some one else ?

Part of the reason i wrote this post was b/c i'm not sure who has that ultimate power ...

Doesn't the Deadspin piece show, in spades, Buddy's aptitude with numbers?

Overdorf does the contracts and has been doing them for a long time.