(OT) Jethro Tull?

ajzepp

A little bit of everything.  I gravitate toward guitar driven rock but I like some country (Chris Ledoux, Garth Brooks, George Straight) and assorted other stuff too.  Mostly, it's the staples, like Aerosmith (early), U2, Van Halen, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Ted Nugent, etc.

The last album I bought was U2's new one.  I don't care for it much - it's WAY too much like the soundtrack from a chick movie.  Before that, Green Day's "American Idiot", and Probot, which is a project that Dave Grohl did as a tribute to his heavy metal influences - both of which I like alot.

Last night I was listening to the Doobie Brothers, Montrose, the Offspring, and Sawyer Brown.

198013[/snapback]

I just picked up the Will Hung Christmas Album. It's not so much the way he interprets the songs as much as his witticisms really lift this album to the top of the charts.

Jethro Tull made a name for themselves melding English folk, American Blues, and Rock into a new sound. If I were t recommend one album, it would be AQUALUNG. The entire album was played on Rock radi at one time. It's a classic right up there with Dark Side of the Moon, or The Beatles Abbey Road.

PTR

A little bit of everything.  I gravitate toward guitar driven rock but I like some country (Chris Ledoux, Garth Brooks, George Straight) and assorted other stuff too.  Mostly, it's the staples, like Aerosmith (early), U2, Van Halen, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Ted Nugent, etc.

The last album I bought was U2's new one.  I don't care for it much - it's WAY too much like the soundtrack from a chick movie.  Before that, Green Day's "American Idiot", and Probot, which is a project that Dave Grohl did as a tribute to his heavy metal influences - both of which I like alot.

Last night I was listening to the Doobie Brothers, Montrose, the Offspring, and Sawyer Brown.

198013[/snapback]

Okay, that's actually somewhat similar to my own tastes........the country thing I don't often admit, but honestly the stuff can really be good sometimes. The first time I ever heard Martina McBride I fell in love with her. Not only is she a beautiful lady, but wow....what a voice.

My favorite recommendation off here has been Jeff Buckley. I never heard of the guy before the TBD crew told me about him. Truly an amazing talent.

Other than that, I really get into Five for Fighting, Radiohead, Norah Jones, The Postal Service, Three Doors Down......stuff like that. But the Aerosmiths, U2s, and Van Haggars are in my collection, too.

I just picked up the Will Hung Christmas Album. It's not so much the way he interprets the songs as much as his witticisms really lift this album to the top of the charts.

198019[/snapback]

Even though your post NEARLY makes me want to run out and pick up this albumn tonight, I can't help but think you really need to actually SEE Hung in order to get the full effect of his genius........

Okay, that's actually somewhat similar to my own tastes........the country thing I don't often admit, but honestly the stuff can really be good sometimes.  The first time I ever heard Martina McBride I fell in love with her. Not only is she a beautiful lady, but wow....what a voice. 

My favorite recommendation off here has been Jeff Buckley. I never heard of the guy before the TBD crew told me about him. Truly an amazing talent.

Other than that, I really get into Five for Fighting, Radiohead, Norah Jones, The Postal Service, Three Doors Down......stuff like that. But the Aerosmiths, U2s, and Van Haggars are in my collection, too.

198023[/snapback]

Jeff Buckley is sick. I also like 3 Doors Down ALOT. Their last album actually made it into my truck rotation (that's quite a feat).

I didn't even know who Martina McBride was until I heard that "Independence Day" song. She really brings it on that one. I generally can't stand women vocalists.

Jeff Buckley is sick.  I also like 3 Doors Down ALOT.  Their last album actually made it into my truck rotation (that's quite a feat). 

I didn't even know who Martina McBride was until I heard that "Independence Day" song.  She really brings it on that one.  I generally can't stand women vocalists.

198034[/snapback]

When it comes to country music, I can't get over this chick........her music is okay, but man, is she ever beautiful. She has a rich, sultry voice.......I think if she had some better material she could really be good.......but until then, I'll just gawk whenever I see her on tv :D

http://www.julieroberts.com/

When it comes to country music, I can't get over this chick........her music is okay, but man, is she ever beautiful. She has a rich, sultry voice.......I think if she had some better material she could really be good.......but until then, I'll just gawk whenever I see her on tv :D

http://www.julieroberts.com/

198040[/snapback]

Poor man's Faith Hill.

Tull's early albums rank up there as all time favorites - This Was, Benefit, Aqualung, Thick as a Brick, Living in the Past...

They jumped the shark in the late 70s with Songs from the Wood etc. Had a bit of a rennaisance in the early 90s. That Grammy was more of a lifetime acheivement award.

The first concert I ever went to was Tull's War Child tour, at the Falls Convention Center, 1975.

"Last night I was listening to the Doobie Brothers, Montrose, the Offspring, and Sawyer Brown."

whew??? sawyer brown and jethro tull.....ouch

check out .... Ray LaMontagne, Dog's Die in Hot Cars,

I See Hawks in LA, the shins, the Zooton's, Flaming Lip's ,

king's of convenience,,,,,,,,,,damien rice

on and on and on .....so much music so little time

support new music