Levitre signs with Titans

Mango

Happens to all teams. Jake Long probably leaving Dolphins, Wallace leaving Steelers.....

Yep. You have to pick and choose where to spend your money. We are going to pay Byrd and Wood. Steelers are paying Ben, Antonio Brown. It's not like we are letting every good player we draft just leave.

But it did. And there was almost nothing the Bills could have done about it. Blame Andy.

Exactly!!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They could have signed him last year like they should of. Guy is possibly the best G in the league. 8 mil is not that ridiculous. This is crap and I'm not happy with the Bills for letting him walk like that

hes a good guard, but not best. bordering on top 5, just like his contract.

Can't think of two things I care less about in an OG than playoff experience and Pro Bowls.

Pro Bowls are highly subjective and extremely questionable when they are made. Levitre could easily have gone to two pro bowls.

$8M/yr for an OG is fair?

PTR

Considering the closest rated would (IMHO) Ben Grubbs and his $7.2 MM/yr, I would say the 8 mil wouldn't have been overpaying by much. The loss in performance will be a lot than the 0.8 MM we could have paid to retain him. I am with Bill on this one - huge loss. Whatever happened to 'keep your own' ? We keep McKelvin and let Levitre go ?

I would have been hard pressed not to match that. Right on the bubble for his worth. Hope we get Vasquez

Who just got 6 mil a year from the Broncos

Can't think of two things I care less about in an OG than playoff experience and Pro Bowls.

And yet, that's how you get paid in the NFL.

It's no wonder so many guys who signed big money contracts two years ago are being released around the league this week. If you're going to get that kind of coin, you have to be a difference maker. And as much as Andy was an important asset, he wasn't (by dint of the position he plays) enough of a difference maker to tie up that much cap space.

They could have signed him last year like they should of. Guy is possibly the best G in the league. 8 mil is not that ridiculous. This is crap and I'm not happy with the Bills for letting him walk like that

Link to Andy/his agent saying they were willing to negotiate last year and not hit the market?

Considering the closest rated would (IMHO) Ben Grubbs and his $7.2 MM/yr, I would say the 8 mil wouldn't have been overpaying by much. The loss in performance will be a lot than the 0.8 MM we could have paid to retain him. I am with Bill on this one - huge loss. Whatever happened to 'keep your own' ? We keep McKelvin, and Byrd, and Wood next year and let Levitre go ?

fixed.

Some guys want a change of scenery when their contract is up.. what are you going to do?

If someone approached me with a job offer with a company I'm interested why shouldn't I take it?

Yes it sucks, but someone else will step up or step in.

Stinks, but:

a) That's a lot of dough for a G

b) Fans tend to forget how big a deal it is for a player to finally become a UFA. Few would pass up the opportunity to test the waters, especially when they play for a losing team with no QB. So don't blame Buddy, Boo Levitre!

c) It happens to EVERY team, every year. This is not unique to the Bills.

I think it was a mistake, but I'm gonna wait a couple days to see what they do next. So far, all we've done is get rid of two starters today. We got rid of a few more over the past few weeks. We were 6-10. Are we really gonna be hurt too badly by this? Depends on what we do from here. I hope they have more of a plan than we heard on the phone today.