Are you going to be dissapointed when we sign no one day one?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm saving my gut wrenching disappointment for week four of the season when we're 1 - 3 and the storm clouds are swirling over OBD. Actually, I can't even see the "1" but that extrapolates to 4 - 12 and that's about the best I can hope for in 2013 - 14.

I mean according to Nix we won't be doing anything the first couple days.

Side note: Has it occured to anyone else we have mostly only been able to bring in Defensive FA's that have amounted to anything? Could it be a lack of QB since 1996?

Care to link to that quote?

Here's the only quote from Nix that I could find:

'“We will try to be active in free agency,” said Bills General Manager Buddy Nix. “I don’t know how that’ll work out. We’re not going to go crazy and overspend and get ourselves in a bind where we can’t keep some of our own, but we will be a player. We’ll attempt to make moves in free agency to plug some holes.”'

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130310/SPORTS/130319934/two-bills-drive-1082

I don't see anything in there about not being active early.

I won't be disappointed...the only way is up at this point...you have to lower your hopes and expectations, and then you won't be disappointed....

Your point about offensive free agents vs defensive free agents is well taken. You might argue, traditionally (at least during this last miserable decade plus of Bills football) the Bills have tried to build the foundation of their offense through the draft, while using FA to tweak the defense. Neither approach has been very successful....but not being able to find a QB for the last decade certainly has to factor in their inabiltiy to lure offensive talent.

That said, while I am mostly puzzled by the off-season moves so far (Marrone, letting Nelson and Levitre go) I am also not ready to come to jump to any conclusion about what the immediate future holds for this team. So far, Marrone feels wrong, but I really have no idea...it could be a tremendous hire. Saying goodbye to Nelson and Levitre (especially Levitre) doesn't feel right either, but lets see how they replace them. Truth is, we are very early in the pre-season...if you choose to believe the Bills/Russ Brandon (nobody would blame you if you don't, or can't) this is the beginning of a new era of the way the Bills conduct themselves....take it with a grain of salt, because we have heard this stuff before. The extension of Whaley, and presumed immenent departure of Nix certainly indicate that something different might happen...but will it just be more of the same?

I won't be disappointed...the only way is up at this point...you have to lower your hopes and expectations, and then you won't be disappointed....

Your point about offensive free agents vs defensive free agents is well taken. You might argue, traditionally (at least during this last miserable decade plus of Bills football) the Bills have tried to build the foundation of their offense through the draft, while using FA to tweak the defense. Neither approach has been very successful....but not being able to find a QB for the last decade certainly has to factor in their inabiltiy to lure offensive talent.

That said, while I am mostly puzzled by the off-season moves so far (Marrone, letting Nelson and Levitre go) I am also not ready to come to jump to any conclusion about what the immediate future holds for this team. So far, Marrone feels wrong, but I really have no idea...it could be a tremendous hire. Saying goodbye to Nelson and Levitre (especially Levitre) doesn't feel right either, but lets see how they replace them. Truth is, we are very early in the pre-season...if you choose to believe the Bills/Russ Brandon (nobody would blame you if you don't, or can't) this is the beginning of a new era of the way the Bills conduct themselves....take it with a grain of salt, because we have heard this stuff before. The extension of Whaley, and presumed immenent departure of Nix certainly indicate that something different might happen...but will it just be more of the same?

At this time I don't like the Marone hire, but time will tell. We have like 2 WR's on this team a true #2 who is overpaid and a nobody who hasn't proven anything. We don't have a QB. The offensive side of the ball outside RB might be one of the worst in the NFL hands down.

Hey Nix's words not mine. Just reminding all of those hoping against hope our great GM has said we won't be active on day 1-2.

Just trying to convince everyone that this year is ALREADY a failure. It never stops with some of you guys...

Just trying to convince everyone that this year is ALREADY a failure. It never stops with some of you guys...

I have to ask can you kids grow up? No one is trolling period. Nix said we would not be active the first couple of days of FA and would wait till the initial surge died down. I am just seeing everyone putting up these lists of who we are signing what big names we shoudl go after etc.

Its past time for reality to sink in, we had our one big FA splash we usually do every 5 years or so and Nix isn't going to go ape in FA, that is not his way of doing things and Brandon kept the guy. Now if they did land someone worth a damn, hey I am all for it, but this thing called reality where I live says different.

I wish Ralph was gone, Brandon and the whole damn office staff all the way down to the ticket takers were gone and a fresh new owner and staff with a true goal of winning were in place, but they aren't.

I have to ask can you kids grow up? No one is trolling period. Nix said we would not be active the first couple of days of FA and would wait till the initial surge died down. I am just seeing everyone putting up these lists of who we are signing what big names we shoudl go after etc.

Its past time for reality to sink in, we had our one big FA splash we usually do every 5 years or so and Nix isn't going to go ape in FA, that is not his way of doing things and Brandon kept the guy. Now if they did land someone worth a damn, hey I am all for it, but this thing called reality where I live says different.

I wish Ralph was gone, Brandon and the whole damn office staff all the way down to the ticket takers were gone and a fresh new owner and staff with a true goal of winning were in place, but they aren't.

Since you've now said this 3 times in this thread, can you finally link to that quote as I asked you to already?

I'm pretty sure you're incorrect...

Hey Nix's words not mine. Just reminding all of those hoping against hope our great GM has said we won't be active on day 1-2.

Actually, they're your words and not Nix's.

He never said that.

I don't think we have the flexibility for any big splashes this year. I'd rather we grab a handful of "solid" players... couldn't care less when it happens.

I suspect this is what you'll see, based on Nix's ACTUAL comments that I linked to above, not the made up stuff that the OP is posting.

I mean according to Nix we won't be doing anything the first couple days.

Side note: Has it occured to anyone else we have mostly only been able to bring in Defensive FA's that have amounted to anything? Could it be a lack of QB since 1996?

Not one bit. When your expectations are low its tough to be disappointed. I stopped caring mid point last year. I will follow what's going on however I'm now numb to it all.

Since you've now said this 3 times in this thread, can you finally link to that quote as I asked you to already?

I'm pretty sure you're incorrect...

Actually, they're your words and not Nix's.

He never said that.

He said it, I can't remember if it was print or video