Can we please agree to stop decieving ourselves

ROCCEO

People need to stop acting like Orlando Pace and Walter Jones are going to be free agents this offseason. They will get tagged like theyd o every year. Noone will sign them and give up 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders. Even if they were, I doubt the bills would shell out the kind of cash to get them, expect JJ to get a deal worth about what Todd Wade got from the Texans last yaer(5 years, 25 mil,incl. i think about 10-12 mil bonus) give or take.

At least 50 different people on this board have suggested signing jones or pace and just letting JJ go, get over it, it's never going to happen.

People need to stop acting like Orlando Pace and Walter Jones are going to be free agents this offseason.  They will get tagged like theyd o every year.  Noone will sign them and give up 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders.  Even if they were, I doubt the bills would shell out the kind of cash to get them, expect JJ to get a deal worth about what Todd Wade got from the Texans last yaer(5 years, 25 mil,incl.  i think about 10-12 mil bonus) give or take. 

At least 50 different people on this board have suggested signing jones or pace and just letting JJ go, get over it, it's never going to happen.

197889[/snapback]

Pace has been in contract debates for a couple years with the Rams. I think they franchised him this year and he wasn't very happy with the move. Its possible for Pace to threaten a hold out if they franchise him again, so thats still up in the air.

As for Jones the Seahawks also have Shaun Alexander as a FA. Early indications are they wont tag him but who knows how that will play out down the road. Remember Alexander was the second leading rusher in the NFL so if they franchise him don't be surprised.

Point is a ton can still happen with those players, or any of the other guys. If nothing else we lucked out this year with such a strong OT market. It will drive JJ's price down and IMO we will retain him.

Did you read the espn magazine story on jones this year about how thats just how they do it in seattle. Ive also heard that teh seahawks are likely to let alexander walk. As for hasselbeck: no word yet, but it's cap suicide to franchise a QB.

And if htey did hit the market, we wouldn't sign them. Look for good ol Danny Boy in DC to take care of that.

Speaking of DC, there is speculation that CHris Samuels may be let go I believe. I've read several times that hes been noted as "underperforming" or that Danny doesn't liek him.

Did you read the espn magazine story on jones this year about how thats just how they do it in seattle.  Ive also heard that teh seahawks are likely to let alexander walk. As for hasselbeck: no word yet, but it's cap suicide to franchise a QB.

:D

Tell that to the Chargers & Drew Brees.........

Tell that to the Chargers & Drew Brees.........

197913[/snapback]

well you need like 15 mil just to do it, and like 20 mil to sign anyone else in addition. If the chargers do it, expect either a lng term deal before free agency starts or a swift trade at the beginning of the FA period.

Speaking of DC, there is speculation that CHris Samuels may be let go I believe.  I've read several times that hes been noted as "underperforming" or that Danny doesn't liek him.

197902[/snapback]

I also see Danny Boy throw the big money around at Pat Williams. Very likely

big Pat might a Redskin, especially with the GW connection.