Big Bang Theory--how gullible is he?

Beerball

Every story I read about a so-called "online relationship" leaves me stunned. Anyone who "falls in love" with words on a computer screen doesn't have much a concept of love. You can kinda understand how it can happen to a sheltered kid like T'eo, but an educated 68 year old man who thinks some supermodel half his age wants him?? And he still doesn't get it when he's stranded at an airport? Or asked to smuggle drugs? How detacted from reality can one get?

Odds are this doofus lived all his 68 years as sheltered as T'eo.

Every story I read about a so-called "online relationship" leaves me stunned. Anyone who "falls in love" with words on a computer screen doesn't have much a concept of love. You can kinda understand how it can happen to a sheltered kid like T'eo, but an educated 68 year old man who thinks some supermodel half his age wants him?? And he still doesn't get it when he's stranded at an airport? Or asked to smuggle drugs? How detacted from reality can one get?

It boggles the mind on how a very smart man can be that stupid.

What is his story? He claims that he looked into the suitcase, specifically looking for drugs, after his UNC friend told him he was being set up, and found nothing..............And, then it skips to he checks them in, and is arrested.

How is he saying that the drugs got in the suitcase if he looked already?

What is his story? He claims that he looked into the suitcase, specifically looking for drugs, after his UNC friend told him he was being set up, and found nothing..............And, then it skips to he checks them in, and is arrested.

How is he saying that the drugs got in the suitcase if he looked already?

There were no drugs just 2 kilos of baby powder duhhhh

I dont know, he might be that smart and stupid. But those text messages are pretty damning, It could be all BS.

The minute he accepted the suitcase I suspect his story fell apart, if not before that.

I agree he likely thought there was a girl, and the pull of scoring the hot chick and a million bucks from the big cool gangsters by outwitting them likely appealed to some deep down fantasy he had dating back to childhood even.

It screams of a situation where his wanting to settle some nagging insecurity just totally outdid his better judgement.

Which part? The I'm in love with a hot chick I've never met part? That I believe.

The part where he didn't know he was smuggling a bunch of blow.

I dont know, he might be that smart and stupid. But those text messages are pretty damning, It could be all BS.

That's what I'm thinking. If he didn't know what was up he's just the unluckiest bastard with the worst run of coincidences imaginable.

Edit: And dumb as dirt.

Edited by Rob's House

Meet a few scientists that have spent their lives buried in academia, and its extremely easy to see how this happens.