Big Bang Theory--how gullible is he?

Beerball

Well.....he was found guilty.....and I'd say his text and email messages went a long way to confirming that verdict.

"Was worried only about sniffer dogs but more."

"SIRU” — the Hotel Siru, where they were planning to meet in Brussels — “IS AMBUSH.” 10:14 a.m.: “Your naivety is bad for me, us. This is millions. NO SIRU, OK?"

"This stuff is worth nothing in Bolivia, but $Ms in Europe. You meet me at the airport and we do not go near the hotel the ‘agent’ suggested. Stay at another hotel."

"WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME? AT THIS LAST MOMENT. WE DID NOT DECIDE HOW TO MEET TOMORROW IN BRUSSELS AND KEEP COCA & LIVES. AT SIRU WE MAY LOSE BOTH!!” At 1:06: “We may do cool 1,000,000."

Edited by Dibs

That is true, but the question was how gullible can you be.

Actually it was "how gullible is he?".....to which I figure the answer is not very gullible at all.

How gullible can you be? Hmmm.....Mante Teo seemed to show that being gullible is pretty easy.

BTW......I have a bridge that I'm interested in selling.....anybody interested?

That is true, but the question was how gullible can you be.

He thought he beat the system, no doubt. Convinced he was the perhaps the greatest man in the world he expected to be able to land the bikini model and out con the drug lords. He's smart after all.... How could it ever go wrong?

I wonder how he feels about the teo story

Actually it was "how gullible is he?".....to which I figure the answer is not very gullible at all.

How gullible can you be? Hmmm.....Mante Teo seemed to show that being gullible is pretty easy.

Couldn't disagree more. I don't know anyone who would do what he did (pre-suitcase). Guess we run in different circles, and no, his guilt has nothing to do with his gullibility towards a 'woman' he hasn't met. Using Te'o as an example? You don't find his case unusual either?

Every story I read about a so-called "online relationship" leaves me stunned. Anyone who "falls in love" with words on a computer screen doesn't have much a concept of love. You can kinda understand how it can happen to a sheltered kid like T'eo, but an educated 68 year old man who thinks some supermodel half his age wants him?? And he still doesn't get it when he's stranded at an airport? Or asked to smuggle drugs? How detacted from reality can one get?

Man, I am impressed by your attitude about this. I'd really like to meet you sometime. Let me know if you'd be interested.

Every story I read about a so-called "online relationship" leaves me stunned. Anyone who "falls in love" with words on a computer screen doesn't have much a concept of love. You can kinda understand how it can happen to a sheltered kid like T'eo, but an educated 68 year old man who thinks some supermodel half his age wants him?? And he still doesn't get it when he's stranded at an airport? Or asked to smuggle drugs? How detacted from reality can one get?

Couldn't disagree more. I don't know anyone who would do what he did (pre-suitcase). Guess we run in different circles, and no, his guilt has nothing to do with his gullibility towards a 'woman' he hasn't met. Using Te'o as an example? You don't find his case unusual either?

With the text & emails showing that he was aware of the drugs......I just assumed that a smart man like him could have easily invented the "imposter online girlfriend" as an excuse.

I actually believe that the stupidity/gullibility of people is virtually limitless.....usually based upon emotions overriding the ability to think rationally....love/hate/greed etc.

With the Te'o case....I was more unbelieving that somebody could go to so much effort to dupe another person with apparently nothing to gain from the deception.....than I was that a person(Te'o) could be duped in such a manner.

No. No. No. No bridges.