Public gets Free TV with no monthly Bills

Donald Duck

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of leery to get involved here because, frankly, the OP sounds kind of... ummm... a bubble off plumb and/or lives under a rock.

But, probably the best resource for determining if an antenna will work for you is www.tvfool.com (sorry, I'm on my iPad and don't have the HTMl options to do a hyperlink). You enter your address and it gives you some info on what to expect. www.solidsignal.com also gives you some ideas on antenna models.

Antenna technology for long-distance OTA reception really isn't going to change much. A guy can tout his expertise all he wants and it still won't make difference given the givens of digital teevee. We're not re-inventing the wheel here, and that design really isn't much different than similar models that have been out for awhile. He's just another schmooze trying to sell a product and making some dubious claims on reception ability (to be fair, most do this. And in flatlands, 50 miles might be possible with it. Not around here, tho, and probably not great even in prime locations). You use as little antenna as you need for your situation, location and geography relative to your desired broadcast towers. For people close to them, you can get by with a set-top antenna. People at long distances have to do other things. I went to heroic lengths b/c of my "low signal spot" surrounded by hills and such, but I'm able to pick up Boston, Providence and Hartford stations. I use a pair of XG-91s combined with Channel Master 7777 pre-amps.

I'm kind of leery to get involved here because, frankly, the OP sounds kind of... ummm... a bubble off plumb and/or lives under a rock.

But, probably the best resource for determining if an antenna will work for you is www.tvfool.com (sorry, I'm on my iPad and don't have the HTMl options to do a hyperlink). You enter your address and it gives you some info on what to expect. www.solidsignal.com also gives you some ideas on antenna models.

Antenna technology for long-distance OTA reception really isn't going to change much. A guy can tout his expertise all he wants and it still won't make difference given the givens of digital teevee. We're not re-inventing the wheel here, and that design really isn't much different than similar models that have been out for awhile. He's just another schmooze trying to sell a product and making some dubious claims on reception ability (to be fair, most do this. And in flatlands, 50 miles might be possible with it. Not around here, tho, and probably not great even in prime locations). You use as little antenna as you need for your situation, location and geography relative to your desired broadcast towers. For people close to them, you can get by with a set-top antenna. People at long distances have to do other things. I went to heroic lengths b/c of my "low signal spot" surrounded by hills and such, but I'm able to pick up Boston, Providence and Hartford stations. I use a pair of XG-91s combined with Channel Master 7777 pre-amps.

Man I tried to pass on what I thought was a good deal until I determined the good deal may not be so good after all.

Are the insults really neccessary?

Go crawl back under the rock you crawled out from under how about it.

Edited by dog14787