Rumor: Howard Stern to replace Jimmy Fallon

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/stern_for_fallon_4Gzp0igNAdNQ8RvXN2Y6pN

According to the article, the "suits" at NBC feel confident Stern would be great replacing Jimmy Fallon in 2014 when Fallon moves up to the Tonight Show after Jay Leno retires (again.) Worry of Stern's reputation was subsided with his performance as a judge on America's Got Talent. And even though Stern is pushing 60 his rep is hotter and more mainstream than ever. No idea how this could affect his morning show on Sirius since he is under contract through the end of 2015. I can't imagine him doing both unless one could be incorporated into the other.

PTR

Stern would not take the slot after the chin hacker. He would rather go to the earlier program, but I do not know how it'd work with him and Letterman. He is off this week otherwise... well Monday will be interesting. He hates how busy he is now, though, with AGT. I have to think he'd have to work out a deal - maybe tape the show in the afternoon so he can still get to bed by 8:30 after watching the Bachelor and Girls and all his other crap.

As much as I would love this to happen I do not think I would be able to commit to it, beyond it being so late, I just cannot image it. His followers are up and listening to him in the morning as part of what was bred in to being a fan. The long true fans still tune in at 6am, because back in the FM days there was no taping the shows like there is now.

Screw Leno, that no talent mammoth jawed joke.

Stern would not take the slot after the chin hacker. He would rather go to the earlier program, but I do not know how it'd work with him and Letterman. He is off this week otherwise... well Monday will be interesting. He hates how busy he is now, though, with AGT. I have to think he'd have to work out a deal - maybe tape the show in the afternoon so he can still get to bed by 8:30 after watching the Bachelor and Girls and all his other crap.

As much as I would love this to happen I do not think I would be able to commit to it, beyond it being so late, I just cannot image it. His followers are up and listening to him in the morning as part of what was bred in to being a fan. The long true fans still tune in at 6am, because back in the FM days there was no taping the shows like there is now.

Screw Leno, that no talent mammoth jawed joke.

You do know that those late shows are all taped around 5:30 PM local time. They are not "live".

Also, I find it ironic that he is dealing with NNNNNNbc

You do know that those late shows are all taped around 5:30 PM local time. They are not "live".

Yes. That's why I said tape it in the afternoon. If he could get it done by 4pm he'd be happy. He likes to eat supper by 5.

Yeah, I don't see this happening. I listen to the Stern show quite often, and for all of the reasons mentioned, I don't think Howard would ever do a late night show, especially on NBC

The Pig Virus/WNBC thing is ancient history. They aren't even owned by the same parent (General Electric) company anymore. He works for NBC now. His performance in AGT is why they are looking at him for Fallon's slot.

Why can't he make part of what he does in the morning the show? It's not like Stern is going to put on a suit and do a monologue. He is what you hear on the radio now, and any TV show would have to adapt to that.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Howard addressed this a little bit today, the reason he wouldnt do it has nothing to do with his schedule. Why would Howard Stern make a move to late night TV, to be the 12:30 replacement for Jimmy Fallon? If he ever did it, and I still don't think he would, it would have to be at 11:30.

Howard addressed this a little bit today, the reason he wouldnt do it has nothing to do with his schedule. Why would Howard Stern make a move to late night TV, to be the 12:30 replacement for Jimmy Fallon? If he ever did it, and I still don't think he would, it would have to be at 11:30.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/14/howard-stern-rejects-jimmy-fallon-replacement-rumors-what-an-insult_n_2877105.html?ref=topbar

PTR

This seems to be more in keeping with his persona..... Though over the years I think he has just worn his ideas down and is now just mainstream. He really hit his stride when he could do things on the radio that played with people's imagination. The tension between what would be visually taboo and the permissiveness of it because it was sent across radio waves was his genius.