Roger Goodells biggest fear is not the Bills leaving Buffalo...

Yeah, those pussies. Get out there and die like a man for the sake of entertainment!

If you get paid to play a dangerous sport, you accept inherent risk that comes with it. I probably have a better chance of getting in a car accident on my way to work than these guy's do dying. Accept it.

Have you guys ever seen the DEADLIEST CATCH, etc.? There are jobs with inherent risks. If you don't want the job, than you can work in the 5 or 6 figure like most of us, vs the 7 figures for a few years.

I know Goodell is trying to protect the guys out of fear fo the ramifications of the sport, but what is crazy is someone dying of a hit will be a tragedy, and covered by the news for two weeks. Not that it is ok as it would be absolutely horrible, but guess what will happen? NOTHING!

There will still be games the next week and there will still be the attendance on the field, as well as direct tv. The only risk is the liability to the league, and team. He's doing the smart thing from a corporate perspective, but it won't affect popularity at all. Did it after Kevin Everett? No, and we were all scared about him walking. Thank god he is ok now to some degree.

in 1965 KC Chief Mack Lee Hill died shortly after the game in which Mike Stratton put a terrific hit on him at the Rockpile. He didn't die on the field, but did die of complications during surgery the day after the game, as I recall. I was in attendance and remember hearing the news on Monday, but otherwise cannot remember the circumstances.