Cordy Glenn might be the best drafted OL value the Bills ever got

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I edited and added the draft part to clarify my point. I don't think drafts from 40 years ago have much in common with now either, silly to even say.

The for the sake of everyone's sanity, it would be helpful if you use clear thread topics and not change the subject when your theory is immediately disproven.

Glenn isn't even the best drafted OL value by the Bills in recent memory, let alone "ever".

Levitre was drafted 51st overall (Glenn 41st) and is much better than Glenn.

There are a few things that make me really question your thinking on this comment.

#1, Glenn only played a partial season, and came back from a fairly serious injury to still have a very good year. As a rookie no less. While we haven't seen enough of him to make any real judgement, It's tough not to be impressed by what he has done so far.

#2 While Levitre has been solid, and very durable (his best attribute), he hasn't gone to any pro-bowls. He has been a good but not dominant LG in my mind. People are getting a bit too hyped up over Levitre IMO. Perhaps it's that this team is not used to having many decent players, so the few we do get we put on a pedestal.

#3 Glenn plays LT, one of the toughest positions in football. Glenn also played some guard at Georgia, and was projected by some to be a guard in the NFL. Judging by what I saw him do in the run game as a LT last year, I can only imagine that he would play G at a very high level. Levitre played OT through out college, but didn't fair well at all when playing that position in the NFL, or center for that matter.

So I agree that it's not fair to say Glenn is the best "drafted OL value" at this time, but I also don't see how you can make an argument that Levitre is "much better" than Glenn.

Edited by Turbosrrgood