Cordy Glenn might be the best drafted OL value the Bills ever got

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People seem to have short memories.

In spite of splitting snaps with Chris Hairston in the preseason, Cordy Glenn played very well out of the chute as a rookie starter but suffered a high ankle sprain in week 4 against New England.

He missed the next three games and when he came back he was clearly not the same player. A high ankle sprain is a difficult injury for a player to play through.

To make matters worse, the team also suffered injuries to Urbik, Wood, and Pears. The man who played beside Glenn, Andy Levitre played some center and there were also later injuries to Colin Brown and Chad Rhinehart. In short, the O-line had very little continuity and lots of juggling around due to the injuries.

I stand by my prediction that Glenn will be an elite OT, as he showed early in the season.

That's because the guy changed the title of the thread after he realized how stupid it was.

Woa. That's dirty pool.

Makes me feel a bit better that I'm not totally senile.

That's because the guy changed the title of the thread after he realized how stupid it was.

Check the link on my original post, see the part that says NFL draft?? This was about how we got value in the draft by drafting a great T in the second round last season. A positive thread instead of the end of the world threads we see everyday. I know the change of pace is confusing, sorry.

UDFA don't count. Players from 40 + Years ago / another era are great but to get this type of value on a starting tackle in the 2nd round is near a miracle. Normally 2nd round + T take years to start, much less at a high level. Nix gets all the credit & drafting someone like this in an age of information we live in is tough. Drafting 40 / 50 years ago was a different time, nobody knew too much & it wasn't anywhere near as well tracked.

So of any of you that felt I cheated you in some way or had to reach way back to try & create a counter-point, congrats but it doesn't fall into line today. Cordy will be in the probowl within 2 seasons, health willing. I'm a big fan & that man is a monster, any QB we get would want him protecting them.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

Cordy will be in the probowl within 2 seasons, health willing. I'm a big fan & that man is a monster, any QB we get would want him protecting them.

Agreed. Cordy's physical gifts are enormous. His straight line and agility times at the combine were elite. His 40 time was the best of all O-linemen and his shuttle and 3-cone were also excellent.

The guy is light on his feet and has a nasty streak, and long arms.

Check the link on my original post, see the part that says NFL draft??

So are you suggesting you didn't edit your post to add the word "drafted"?

Cuz you did.

So of any of you that felt I cheated you in some way or had to reach way back to try & create a counter-point, congrats but it doesn't fall into line today.

I guess your use of the word EVER made it unclear you were only talking about today.

Perhaps you can edit that out next.....

Agreed. Cordy's physical gifts are enormous. His straight line and agility times at the combine were elite. His 40 time was the best of all O-linemen and his shuttle and 3-cone were also excellent.

The guy is light on his feet and has a nasty streak, and long arms.

Never much thought of it but I bet he also gives us some unique insight into guys like Jarvis jones and Ogletree in a few weeks.

I said reminded of,big dude,mauler in the run game,freakishly strong, might be better suited at guard. Theirs similarities there.

Larry Allen was big, fast, quick and mean. And he's a HOFer. It's way early Edited by JPS

So are you suggesting you didn't edit your post to add the word "drafted"?

Cuz you did.

I guess your use of the word EVER made it unclear you were only talking about today.

Perhaps you can edit that out next.....

I edited and added the draft part to clarify my point. I don't think drafts from 40 years ago have much in common with now either, silly to even say.

Cordy played real well in 13 games at LT, I think he might be the best drafted OL value the Bills ever got. Discuss.

http://www.nfldrafts...=2012&genpos=OT

Glenn looked pretty good last year for a rookie, but the dude has yet to play a full season in the NFL. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Having said that I consider him and Wood tied as our best Olinesman. Glenn was a beast in the run game.

Having said that I consider him and Wood tied as our best Olinesman. Glenn was a beast in the run game.

Add in the fact we have Spiller (who is a rocket) & we might have something there now, unlike last season when Spiller needed all that rest / naps.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

Cordy played real well in 13 games at LT, I think he might be the best drafted OL value the Bills ever got. Discuss.

http://www.nfldrafts...=2012&genpos=OT

Franchise has been around for a long time my friend. Quite a declaration about a second round pick (a second round pick is SUPPOSED to be good). Howard Ballard was drafted in the 11th round and was a pro-bowler on a team that went to four straight Super Bowls. And I'm sure there's plenty of guys before my time. Maybe a safer way to phrase it would be "best OL value in last 5-10 years" or something.

Glenn isn't even the best drafted OL value by the Bills in recent memory, let alone "ever".

Levitre was drafted 51st overall (Glenn 41st) and is much better than Glenn.

So you think guards and tackles are of equal value? Interesting take.