The Eagles have released CB Nnamdi Asomugha

Gosh, if they can get him and use the picks to address other needs - monster trade for a WR? - what a coup.

If I were SF I might go nuts and just offer a bucketload of picks to Detroit, Cincy or AZ and see if anyone bites to deal their all-world WR.

Crazy part is they drafted a receiver in the 1st round this year, who didn't catch a pass!!! Imagine if the Bills did that.

And just goes to show how much fool's gold Free Agency really is. Unless it's the rare QB that hits the market, big name FAs don't really guarantee anything. You need to draft well and fill in the roster with minor FAs.

The odd thing is Asamougha will receive $4m from the Eagles in 2013 because that part of his salary is guaranteed. So my guess is he'll take lass to play for the 49ers. I think he's from the Bay Area.

revis likely being traded? latest I heard from ESPN was that Jets were confident in being able to resolve all contract issues....has there been a change/movement recently?

I dont disagree with you about overpaid CBs though....its insane

Haven't read that.

Um, no. Revis will be making bank with whatever team trades for him.

Really? Then why is he being dangled as trade bait? Why haven't the Jets offered him the "bank"?

Maybe it's because he's coming off an ACL injury and there are a bunch of CBs in the draft and anyone who wants a "shut down corner" can simply pick up Asimougha for no picks (and significantly less than the 14 mil he would have made this year)?

The team mentioned as a potential (and the one that lost the SB for lack of decnt CB play) has no interest in Revis due to the picks they would have to give up. This further weakens Revis's position with the Jets.

By the way, Revis is believed to be asking for 16 million per year.

Haven't read that.

Really? Then why is he being dangled as trade bait? Why haven't the Jets offered him the "bank"?

Maybe it's because he's coming off an ACL injury and there are a bunch of CBs in the draft and anyone who wants a "shut down corner" can simply pick up Asimougha for no picks (and significantly less than the 14 mil he would have made this year)?

The team mentioned as a potential (and the one that lost the SB for lack of decnt CB play) has no interest in Revis due to the picks they would have to give up. This further weakens Revis's position with the Jets.

Also, this is considered a pretty good year for free agent cornerbacks, which doesn't help Revis' leverage.

He's lost a step. Living in Philly and watching a bunch of the games, I can tell that he's slowed down and not nearly at his best, and not worth the money he was getting paid. Could we get him dirt cheap? Maybe. He's on the wrong side of 30 in the speed position coming off one of his worst years ever. Probably not a long term solution, but it would end the "we have no one opposite Gilmore" problem for a year.

Haven't read that.

Several teams have expressed interest in him. I can't predict the future, but if one of them does trade for him, it will be with the understanding that he wants $16M/year. And despite Asomugha being available in FA, his star has faded, and there are still more teams than just 1 looking for CB's.

Crazy part is they drafted a receiver in the 1st round this year, who didn't catch a pass!!! Imagine if the Bills did that.

And just goes to show how much fool's gold Free Agency really is. Unless it's the rare QB that hits the market, big name FAs don't really guarantee anything. You need to draft well and fill in the roster with minor FAs.

A.J. Jenkins only had 37 snaps, and was targeted once.

I think he is an intriguing option for the Bills to try to sign as I am confident his asking price will drop significantly. In Oakland he was considered a near shut down corner because they had a scheme that allowed him to match up with guys one on one and just cover them. In Philly, the scheme was much different and it was not well suited to his abilities. I think Pettine implements more man cover schemes than the Eagles did and therefore Asomghua may be able to accel again like he did under Oakland's schemes. However, I think the Bills are very much on a youth movement to build for the long haul and the fact that he is 31 makes this more unlikely. Plus, Asomghua probably wouldn't want to sign with the Bills. Intriguing option though.

I can recall the jets making a big play for him. Pettine must be a fan

I always thought it was more ownership/Rex arrogance. The Jets already had the best #2 CB in the leauge (and still do) -- their pursuit of Nnamdi never made a bit of sense.