If the Jets trade Revis with the 49ers .

With the same needs (jets) as the Bills have this would really effect what the Bills do at pick #8 . The 49ers have pick 31 and 34 . If they traded those to the Jets for Revis the Bills would have to draft a QB at #8 . Reach or not . If not , who be left in the second round for the Bills at QB ?

I have to agree with the OP. I really thinK the latert first and early second round will see the big run on QB's. Either the Bills trade back into the first ala Losman (hopefully with better results) or take the guy they like at 8. The more I think of it, if Geno or Barkley are there at 8 - take the damn filer and draft a freakin' QB.

Well, it could also give the Jets enough picks to package them and jump ahead of #8.

I would take Geno Smith IF he was still there at #8 but if teams want to leapfrog us to grab a QB, let em.

Even at #8 the consensus is that none of the QBs are worth the pick.

I'm in the camp of taking the best player (non-QB) at #8, and then taking the quarterback at #41. I have zero belief that Barkley and Geno have any better chance of being elite quarterbacks as any of the other QBs in this draft.

That being the case, grab EJ Manuel in the 2nd or Tyler Bray in the 3rd. Both of these players have just as good a chance at succeeding as Barkely or Smith and both of them have physical talent and upside which dwarfs that of Barkley and Smith.

If the Bills draft strategists don't believe a QB they like will still be there at #41, then try to trade down from #8 till later in the first round so that you're in the QB sweet spot.

But whatever you do, don't overreach for one of these mediocre guys like Barkley or Smith. Let other teams do that.

I would take Geno Smith IF he was still there at #8 but if teams want to leapfrog us to grab a QB, let em.

I'm in the camp of taking the best player (non-QB) at #8, and then taking the quarterback at #41. I have zero belief that Barkley and Geno have any better chance of being elite quarterbacks as any of the other QBs in this draft.

That being the case, grab EJ Manuel in the 2nd or Tyler Bray in the 3rd. Both of these players have just as good a chance at succeeding as Barkely or Smith and both of them have physical talent and upside which dwarfs that of Barkley and Smith.

If the Bills draft strategists don't believe a QB they like will still be there at #41, then try to trade down from #8 till later in the first round so that you're in the QB sweet spot.

But whatever you do, don't overreach for one of these mediocre guys like Barkley or Smith. Let other teams do that.

I am mostly with you, though I hesitate to call Barkley or Smith mediocre. If they work out to be average NFL QBs they would be outstanding picks.

My only worry is that at #41 Manuel will not be there, and I am REALLY not sold on Bray.

So this is what I always find funny about the draft, IF Bothe Manuel & bray have just as good a chance at succeeding as Barkley and Smith, AND both of them have physical talent and upside which Dwarfs that of Barkley & Smith, then why are Barkley & Smith viewed as 1st rounders with the others not, and why would either of Bray and Manuel be available in rounds 2 or 3?

I am mostly with you, though I hesitate to call Barkley or Smith mediocre. If they work out to be average NFL QBs they would be outstanding picks.

My only worry is that at #41 Manuel will not be there, and I am REALLY not sold on Bray.

I'm not interested in spending the #8 pick on an average NFL quarterback, even if that were considered an upgrade from the present.

As for Manuel at #41, like I said, if the Bills like him and think he'll be gone by #41, then trade down into the sweet spot.

I don't want to see the Bills burning draft picks by trying to get two first rounders this year, especially if they can simply trade down from #8 and pick up an extra pick or two.

So this is what I always find funny about the draft, IF Bothe Manuel & bray have just as good a chance at succeeding as Barkley and Smith, AND both of them have physical talent and upside which Dwarfs that of Barkley & Smith, then why are Barkley & Smith viewed as 1st rounders with the others not, and why would either of Bray and Manuel be available in rounds 2 or 3?

Their chances of success are my opinion.

It's clear that most talent evaluators have Smith and Barkley as safer, more sure to reach their potential QBs.

However for me, there are two counter-considerations:

1) No one knows this for sure. Can't miss guys miss AND more questionable players succeed.

2) IMO, the ceiling on players like Manuel and Bray are much higher than they are on Barkley or Nassib based purely on measurables. While I think Smith has a high ceiling, I believe Barkley and Nassib have low ceilings.

I really have no interest in drafting an Andy Dalton unless we can draft that player around where the Bengals actually picked Andy Dalton (#35).

I'm not interested in spending the #8 pick on an average NFL quarterback, even if that were considered an upgrade from the present.

As for Manuel at #41, like I said, if the Bills like him and think he'll be gone by #41, then trade down into the sweet spot.

I don't want to see the Bills burning draft picks by trying to get two first rounders this year, especially if they can simply trade down from #8 and pick up an extra pick or two.

I don't, either. I think Smith has the potential to be a top-12 QB in the league, and maybe Barkley does, so I guess I'm a bit more of a believer in those two and think it's worth it to go for them at #8 - because I do not believe they will be there later. Both will be gone by 15, in my opinion. The Bills have put themselves in this position. I don't want to see any trades up either, though. Pick the guy at #8, see if you can move down a few - not many - picks, or forever hold your peace.

Revis to niners aint happening. They've built quite well from within and have no need or desire to phuck up their salary cap.

The counterpoint is that they probably lost the Super Bowl due to poor cornerback play.

I agree though that they'd more likely pursue Asomugah or draft a CB.

I would not be shocked if the Bills take EJ Manuel at # 8 nor would I be upset . He's a young T Jack who is going to mentor him . I like everything about him for this team . He's mature , athletic , and a winner . The more think about it , the more I think it's our best option considering where we are in the draft . Ya I'm crazy .