Question about Fitz's contract from his perspective, not the teams

Everyone seems to be saying that Fitzpatrick is not the QB of the future, or a franchise QB. Given that, he would have to swallow a lot of pride to take a huge pay cut and stay here as a backup.

It's kind of like being the head chef at a restaurant, then taking a massive paycut to stay on there as a line cook and have someone else come in and be the head chef.

If you're going to be a line cook anyway, just go somewhere else where there isn't the elephant in the room.

I wouldn't do it if I were him, so if he does, kudos to him.

Edited by TheFunPolice

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's similar to Flutie but a lot more talented I think.

But next year's QB crop looks very strong so I agree it's kind of silly to pin all hopes on this one guy.

Also meaning he might be kind of insane to come out when Murray & Boyd could very well give him a run for his money as the most touted QB prospect. He has eligibility and can hone his game at the college level. NFL money isn't so out-of-this-world-good in the first round that it wouldn't be better to try and become the #1 overall pick in a subsequent season. Maybe he would already be that, but that's why he can and should have advisors on this coming out of the next season. He set the world on fire this past year, and it'll be interesting to see where he goes in 2013-14. He looks like the consensus #1 pick in 2014, but a lot can happen between now and then, as we've seen many times.

Also meaning he might be kind of insane to come out when Murray & Boyd could very well give him a run for his money as the most touted QB prospect. He has eligibility and can hone his game at the college level. NFL money isn't so out-of-this-world-good in the first round that it wouldn't be better to try and become the #1 overall pick in a subsequent season. Maybe he would already be that, but that's why he can and should have advisors on this coming out of the next season. He set the world on fire this past year, and it'll be interesting to see where he goes in 2013-14. He looks like the consensus #1 pick in 2014, but a lot can happen between now and then, as we've seen many times.

Good post!

Don't forget McCarron too.