[closed]Fitz - Multiple sources

there are multiple sources yesterday and today saying that Fitz will be released in the next few days. None of the sources are the big names, but its a sign that at least something is going on.

NFL network is saying that Nix has yet to make a decision on Fitz or Andy.....thats not a good sign for either of them IMO

Til Chris Trapasso says so on Twitter, I call shenanigans.

Also, I'll take Luke Russert's mom as a viable source.

(Oh, new guy, if you don't get my joke, I want to see some sources, let us weigh out who's saying what, where, when, potato. :nana: )

Edited by jboyst62

The most recent and dependable report on this subject comes from our friend John Wawrow:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bills-qb-fitzpatrick-og-levitre-201728104--nfl.html

Saying he's spoken with Fitzpatrick several times this offseason, Nix declined to reveal whether he's discussed having the quarterback restructure his contract.

''Any talking, I'll do with him,'' Nix said.

Fitzpatrick's status appeared secure last month, when new coach Doug Marrone announced he informed Fitzpatrick and newly re-signed backup Tarvaris Jackson that he intends to have both compete for the starting job this offseason.

The Bills' message was less definitive a little over a week later at the NFL combine in Indianapolis. That's where both Nix and team president Russ Brandon were evasive when discussing Fitzpatrick.

there are multiple sources yesterday and today saying that Fitz will be released in the next few days. None of the sources are the big names, but its a sign that at least something is going on.

NFL network is saying that Nix has yet to make a decision on Fitz or Andy.....thats not a good sign for either of them IMO

I thought they told you never to take off that tinfoil helmet.

Til Chris Trapasso says so on Twitter, I call shenanigans.

Also, I'll take Luke Russert's mom as a viable source.

(Oh, new guy, if you don't get my joke, I want to see some sources, let us weigh out who's saying what, where, when, potato. :nana: )

Luke Russert's mom is a solid source...she's the one that said Mario ordered "venisons" at Tempo as I recall.

Edited by BringBackFergy

Luke Russert's mom is a solid source...she's the one that said Mario ordered "venisons" at Tempo as I recall.

I thought she rented a hotel room to him?

Anyhow, we are less than 7 days until the March 12th 4PM deadline! Something's gotta give!

I always like to assess a situation based on what the Bills front office is or isn't doing in the offseason. When it comes to Fitz's situation I think there's some logic to suggest the Bills are definitely contemplating his release. If the Bills were 100% sold on keeping Fitz this season, it's my opinion that they would've discussed a paycut a while ago. Worst case scenario he declines to rework his deal and then the Bills figure out what they want to do from there. The fact that they have not even approached him yet about decreasing his pay strongly indicates that there not sold they even want him on the roster. It would be a very insulting and insensitive move for a franchise to ask a guy to rework his deal, have the player accept to do so, only to cut him a couple of weeks later. It just wouldn't be a classy move on the part of the franchise and I think that's why they haven't done so yet. It's possible they still haven't decided what to do with Fitz, but signs are strongly pointing toward a release, especially when you look how fast they resigned T. Jackson, and the rumors that they were sniffing around Alex Smith. In the end, if they do release Fitzpatrick, I think it's for the best. Sometimes a team has to take a step back before they can take a step forward and I think that might be what we are in for this upcoming season.

Edited by Estro

Fitz aint going nowhere. What is the benefit? 450k savings on the cap? Doesn't make sense. Other than a rookie they would have to pay someone starter money... that's in addition.

Oh, wait brad smith is the bills new read option qb. Everyone has been wondering why he hasn't been cut. Now we know why.

Remember too while cutting Fitz this season doesn't save much from a salary cap perspective ($450,000 savings) it does save the Bills quite a bit of cash, and because the Bills follow a "cash to cap" business model that cash savings means something. Also the $10 million in dead money this year would be negative, but long term it'd be good, as Fitz will be totally off the books moving forward. This means more money for the Bills to spend, from a salary cap perspective in 2014, when they'll have decisions to make on guys like........ Jairus Byrd, Eric Wood, Scott Chandler and Alex Carrington.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.