Did Bills play their best choice at QB in 04?

32 members have voted

1. 1. Did Bills play their best choice at QB in 04?

• Yes
    • No
    • Some other weird answer comically explained below

If people have some answer besides yes or no (and no should include some statement of the their reasons for believing in Mattherws who after all was the top rated passer in the NFL in 2004 accirdubg to NFL.com), then I think you should include some explanation based on at which game you make the switch from Bledsoe to JP.

I disagreed with resigning Bledsoe and not looking elsewhere, but once that error was made then I think the Bills started the right guy at QB all the way through the season.

One mighj make a 20/20 hinsight case for starting JP in the last game but this strikes me as fantasy league silliness,

I think having made the flawed decusion to go with Bledsoe (at least he made this error the best way it could have been done by resigning him to a cap friendly deal) the Bills made the right choices with their starting decision throughout the season.

The even better news is that with TD saying Drew is #1 on the depth chart but he must win the job, he has created an opening for JP to take the job on the field of play if he is player enough to do so.

If people have some answer besides yes or no (and no should include some statement of the their reasons for believing in Mattherws who after all was the top rated passer in the NFL in 2004 accirdubg to NFL.com), then I think you should include some explanation based on at which game you make the switch from Bledsoe to JP.

I disagreed with resigning Bledsoe and not looking elsewhere, but once that error was made then I think the Bills started the right guy at QB all the way through the season.

One mighj make a 20/20 hinsight case for starting JP in the last game but this strikes me as fantasy league silliness,

I think having made the flawed decusion to go with Bledsoe (at least he made this error the best way it could have been done by resigning him to a cap friendly deal) the Bills made the right choices with their starting decision throughout the season.

The even better news is that with TD saying Drew is #1 on the depth chart but he must win the job, he has created an opening for JP to take the job on the field of play if he is player enough to do so.

197529[/snapback]

What kind of idiot would say no? JPL had a broken leg, and Mathews was out of the NFL until Buffalo signed him... :P

CW

I think if it were a true competition for QB, Travis Brown would have beat out Bledsoe. As it were, with the injury, Bledose was all we had to start the season, although during the bad stretch, Matthews probably would have been an improvement.

PTR