Bills collectible question

duey

Many moons ago I posed a question to the board regarding whether Travis Henry had ever worn #25 with the Bills. The answers is that yes, during his very first training camp with the team, and prior to the Bills release of then #20 Henry Jones, Travis did indeed wear #25.

The reason I was interested in this was that I had at that time seen, and now have in my possession, a Travis Henry signed Bills mini-helmet with the #25 on it.

My question to any hard-core sports collectors is this...does the #25 helmet have a greater value than his standard #20 helmet? Not that I'm looking to sell, but I'm just curious. I realize that his success as a player would impact the helmets value, but I figured the fact that there probably aren't that many #25 Travis Henry's out there would make it more sought after.

Thanks.

Many moons ago I posed a question to the board regarding whether Travis Henry had ever worn #25 with the Bills.  The answers is that yes, during his very first training camp with the team, and prior to the Bills release of then #20 Henry Jones, Travis did indeed wear #25.

The reason I was interested in this was that I had at that time seen, and now have in my possession, a Travis Henry signed Bills mini-helmet with the #25 on it.

My question to any hard-core sports collectors is this...does the #25 helmet have a greater value than his standard #20 helmet?  Not that I'm looking to sell, but I'm just curious.  I realize that his success as a player would impact the helmets value, but I figured the fact that there probably aren't that many #25 Travis Henry's out there would make it more sought after.

Thanks.

197459[/snapback]

I used to be pretty big into autograph and memoribilia collecting.

I would say without a doubt, it would have more value, for the pure fact that it is more rare.

For example, I have a Pistol Pete autographed 8x10. It is worth many times more than most because he signed it "Pete Maravich" instead of "Pistol Pete Maravich". He rarely left out the Pistol. So, of course, rarity adds.

I

That's what I figured.  When I first saw it, I thought it was a fake.

Thanks!

197484[/snapback]

No problem. My dad and I used to go to big shows and get autographs.. Those were really good times..

Met Pete Rose, twice (he was cool as hell).

Theisman (total prick - surprised?)

Johnny Unitas

Muhammed Ali (probably one of the coolest ever, have a picture with him).

Dick Butkis, twice

Luis Aparicio

Joe Morgan

Yogi Berra

Don Larsen

Joe Namath (THE coolest. Such a cool guy. Let me hold his SB ring. I was 14 and it was sweet).

The list goes on, but many are not as big of superstars as those guys.

As a Bills collector, I can tell you that there was a premium on Buffalo Bills OJ Simpsom memorabillia with him wearing the #36 (which he wore part of his rookie year). You don't see much of it out there, but there is a Sports Illustrated action poster that was issued with OJ in his original Bills uniform. It normally goes for about $50-60 bucks in mint shape. Similar posters from that era can usually be found for $20-30. The item is saught after by Simpson collectors because of the great player he was (not what he has become!), but also because of the novelty of the different jersey number...

related question - I have a mcgahee atographed picture with him in Bills uniform. The picture must have been taken shortly after teh draft but before his firs camp because he is wearing the #2 (his old college number). What do we think about that?