Dwayne Bowe signs 5 year deal with Chiefs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the Bills even make a play for this guy? I'm so done with this team!

How can the Bills make a play on him when he is still the Chiefs property until March 12th.... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Like many NFL players including numerous current Buffalo Bills, it's a bit hard to evaluate Bowe because of the team he played for.

That said he's a top talent, IMO.

Like a young Anquan Boldin, he's not a burner but he can still get deep, outphysical DBs, dominate the ball with his big hands, jumping ability and catch radius, and he's tough as nails.

He would have cost an arm and a leg and it wasn't gonna happen this year anyways.

With the Mario contract and Mark Anderson and Fitz still unfortunately on the books, I don't think the Bills will make a Tier 1 FA signing till next year at the earliest anyways.

Clayton quoted that with the current cap situations, it will only be possible for a team to have approximately 6-8 players being paid more than 6M a year (and with some of those 6-8 getting 10-15M a year).

We have big contracts for Stevie, Fitz, Mario, Anderson, Williams and Byrd. That is six players. Can we add Levitre and another big WR to that pool ? We definitely have the cap to do it.

The circumstances around Bowe signing with the chiefs is so vastly different than any of our own FAs that are still unsigned, I don't even know where to begin, but I'll make one point that should be obvious to everyone:

If you are a wide receiver and your team just brought in a well regarded QB and an offensive minded head coach, how on earth would you risk going anywhere else?

Once KC landed alex Smith, NFLNW analysts literally predicted this was a matter of time.

How can the Bills make a play on him when he is still the Chiefs property until March 12th.... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Clayton quoted that with the current cap situations, it will only be possible for a team to have approximately 6-8 players being paid more than 6M a year (and with some of those 6-8 getting 10-15M a year).

We have big contracts for Stevie, Fitz, Mario, Anderson, Williams and Byrd. That is six players. Can we add Levitre and another big WR to that pool ? We definitely have the cap to do it.

Captain Hindsight was just joking about making a play for Bowe.

And yes to your second point. It illustrates how bad contracts can really hamper a team.

Stop with this nonsense...Bowe had 27 TD's in the last 4 seasons. That's not #1 receiver production. Goodbye D. Bowe..you have a cool name (and presumably, that's why people like you as a receiver) but your TD totals are mediocre for $9 million per year. End this nonsense and move on Bills fans. This is definitely the offseason.

Stop with this nonsense...Bowe had 27 TD's in the last 4 seasons. That's not #1 receiver production. Goodbye D. Bowe..you have a cool name (and presumably, that's why people like you as a receiver) but your TD totals are mediocre for $9 million per year. End this nonsense and move on Bills fans. This is definitely the offseason.

That's because he had lousy QBs throwing to him. Now he has Alex 'the real deal' Smith on his side. There's no limit to what this duo can accomplish.

Sticker Shock!!

@ProFootballWkly

RT @JasonLaCanfora: Dwayne Bowe's 5 yr deal with KC is worth $56M with $26M guaranteed. He gets $11M per year.

I don't think these are surprising numbers.

He was the number one wide receiver approaching free agency and was bound to get a contract that was a bit out of whack.

That's because he had lousy QBs throwing to him. Now he has Alex 'the real deal' Smith on his side. There's no limit to what this duo can accomplish.

I take it back...if he scores 7 TD's this season he's worth every penny (toward the KC salary cap)

If you wipe his two injured seasons, he's averaged nearly 1100 yards and 8 tds when healthy

Look what happens to his career stats when you wipe out his 15 TD's in 2010...that was a fluke as his other years are all 5, 6 or 7...I think he negotiated a great contract but he's being paid for TD's he scored two years ago. No thanks.

Edited by BringBackFergy

Look what happens to his career stats when you wipe out his 15 TD's in 2010...that was a fluke as his other years are all 5, 6 or 7...I think he negotiated a great contract but he's being paid for TD's he scored two years ago. No thanks.

Bowe is a premier talent.

He's suffered from the fact that the guys throwing him the ball have been Damon Huard, Tyler Thigpen, and Matt Cassel.

He's been a bright spot on horrible teams featuring horrible offenses.

Yes he's being overpaid at this moment but so is Mario Williams, and any number of guys who are very good players when their contracts expire.