Say Losman Becomes The Starter..

For a team like the bills to come soo close to making the playoffs this year, are we ready as fans to accept the drop off? The Rookie mistakes, close calls, the shouldas , couldas, and wouldas of next season?

OR..and this is a BIG OR..

Do we have the offensive staff with MM, TC and SW that can turn this kid into a bonafide starter next year that can pull off a miraculous Ben Rothelisberger type season? I mean he's MOBILE !! , rocket arm , intelligent, used to playing behind a crappy offensive line. With Evans and Mcgahee and hopefully a decent tightend and stronger offensive line with the guidance of Jim Mcnally..It can happen right?

all im saying is, this team is too talented to drop off for a couple years now, the defense won't let it happen for one thing. I think JP can take us there, with a little bit of luck , an INTACT defense..and shear will of JP himself..

Is this wishful thinking? or can it be done?

i'm ready for a 2nd year QB to make rookie mistakes, but I can't handle a 13 year Vet making rookie mistakes.

197292[/snapback]

That about sums it up right there.

Talked to my old man for a good hour last night. While we don't agree on the Bledsoe issue (he stuck with him through EVERY game this season) we both agree that 2005 is going to be a looooong one. 2006 should be a good one for Bills football. But there is not logical reasoning behind the thought that 2005 will be a playoff year.

Talked to my old man for a good hour last night. While we don't agree on the Bledsoe issue (he stuck with him through EVERY game this season) we both agree that 2005 is going to be a looooong one. 2006 should be a good one for Bills football. But there is not logical reasoning behind the thought that 2005 will be a playoff year.

197299[/snapback]

The team still has tons of talent and is in good cap shape. I don't see any reason to assume that we CAN'T make the playoffs in 2005. Yes, it will be tough (it almost always is in this division), but I think it's possible, with Bledsoe OR Losman.

but if he has a good supporting cast, via the offensive line, recievers, running backs and so on..and he has great offensive minded coaches that will coach to his strengths..and he's not just thrown to the wolves..Is it that far fetched to think that the playoffs are another 2 years away? I know he's a rookie and he's going to make rookie mistakes..but are we to believe that the mistakes will be soo drastic and massive that it effects a 2nd ranked defense? or it lastly effects JP himself..call me crazy but im not ready to give 2005 up just yet, IF JP STARTS FOR THAT MATTER