Important soon to be free agents

I know right now almost all threads on here are about (or turn into) discussions about this years free agency and drafts.

But I could not help but notice that we also have some important players that will be free agents in 2014.

Carrington

Chandler

Dareus ( has been brought to my attention he is infact NOT until 2015)

Moats ( I still believe he can be great :))

Wood

There are more, but none that at this point in time who could be considered important.

So the question is......who do you think we will extend? Lets talk about next year! Just for a change.

Edited by buffalobillsgrl

I know right now almost all threads on here are about (or turn into) discussions about this years free agency and drafts.

But I could not help but notice that we also have some important players that will be free agents in 2014.

Carrington

Chandler

Dareus

Wood

There are more, but none that at this point in time who could be considered important.

So the question is......who do you think we will extend? Lets talk about next year! Just for a change.

All of these players.

Carrington

Chandler

Dareus

Wood

Wood is the big "?" in re-signing. If he gets through the season injury-free, then his chances of staying are good. If not, it's up in the air.

Are you absolutely positive Dareus is a free agent next year? This is only his third season, and I swear he signed a four year contract.

Moats might have a difficult time making the team this year. Unless Pettine finds a way to make him a strength on this team.

How well Chandler recovers from his injury will be the deciding factor. I hope he stays, he's been a good TE for the Bills.

Carrington looks to be a no-brainer in re-signing. Since he is not a starter, he will not cost a lot to keep.

Wood is the big "?" in re-signing. If he gets through the season injury-free, then his chances of staying are good. If not, it's up in the air.

Are you absolutely positive Dareus is a free agent next year? This is only his third season, and I swear he signed a four year contract.

Moats might have a difficult time making the team this year. Unless Pettine finds a way to make him a strength on this team.

How well Chandler recovers from his injury will be the deciding factor. I hope he stays, he's been a good TE for the Bills.

Carrington looks to be a no-brainer in re-signing. Since he is not a starter, he will not cost a lot to keep.

according to rotoworld he is

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/buf/

Is Moats really good looking? It seems he's quite a favorite with the female fan base.

Not especially lol I think he has ability that hasn't been used correctly. He is a pass rusher and should be used as such. I do not think he ever really got a real chance. Kind of like Easley and Dickerson. These guys to me just seem to be overlooked a bit. Maybe there is a reason, and that reason is that they aren't very good. However I would like to see more first. Oh yes and lets not forget Aaron Williams. He also falls in this category.

I'd be surprised if we didn't resign Carrington and Darias. Wood? Tough one. He can't stay healthy, so I'd have to say he's less than 50-50. Hopefully his heir will be on the roster by training camp.

Chandler? Adios. Bills are going to move to a TE that can stretch the field.

Can we stop with the Moats love affair? This guy has 87 tackles and 5 sacks... in 3 years including a whooping zero last year. He was handed the starting LB job this past year and lost it after 4 games. He can't cover well at all and his pass rushing is OK at best.

Besides that hit on Favre what has he done?

Dude has never been used right

Carrington

Chandler

Dareus

Wood

Going out on a limb and predicting only carrington. His play has been steadily improving and he's shown big play ability with blocking kicks. Under pettines system with more substitions he will see more playing time too.

My reasoning the others won't get extended...

Chandler ... Product of chans system and tall guy who will be more effected by knee reconstruction

Dareus ... Will be a confirmed disappointment in his 3rd "make or break" season

Moats .... Dime a dozen

Wood ... Sadly another injury (desperately hope I'm wrong)

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Thank you! Take a look back at 2011 film with him in the game rushing the passer. I think many will see just how many times he was right in there forcing the QB out of the pocket. I really think he can suceed even if it is just in there to rush the passer

Moats is a decent depth guy because he can back-up more than one position...But that's about it...I don't see him as being all that great at anything...I'd say his chances of making this team in 2013 are about 50/50...I say that because I expect The Bills to bring in quite a bit of bodies to compete at LB...I do think he's an awesome dude though...Really good person... B-)

Going out on a limb and predicting only carrington. His play has been steadily improving and he's shown big play ability with blocking kicks. Under pettines system with more substitions he will see more playing time too.

My reasoning the others won't get extended...

Chandler ... Product of chans system and tall guy who will be more effected by knee reconstruction

Dareus ... Will be a confirmed disappointment in his 3rd "make or break" season

Moats .... Dime a dozen

Wood ... Sadly another injury (desperately hope I'm wrong)

Sorry Joe I think your dead wrong on Darius........he is gonna bounce back this year in a big way

Carrington

Chandler

Dareus

Wood

Dareus is signed through 2014. This is only his 3rd yr and he signed for 4. FA in 2015.

The rest you're right on

I kinda wonder if Carrington and Moats will be here this fall.

I kinda wonder if Carrington and Moats will be here this fall.

Carrington's coming off a very good season, is perfectly fitted for being a 5-technique DE, and is one of (I think) only 3 DEs currently on the roster, the rehabbing Mark Anderson included.

I'm curious about how Moats and Troup (if he returns to health) might be viewed by the new coaches.

It would be great to salvage that first draft with some unexpected improvement from the remaining 2010 draftees.

IF Moats and Troup could somehow earn roster spots with Carrington and Spiller, that draft would look a lot better.

Sorry Joe I think your dead wrong on Darius........he is gonna bounce back this year in a big way

Hope you're right. I had my doubts when he was coming out and would have taken AJ Green or Patrick Peterson @ 3 instead. Thus far his play has been inconclusive. Would like nothing more than Dareus becoming dominant like a Wilfork or NGata in 2013