Woodward - White House Kerfluffle gets hotter

Most libs are not interested in what's best for the country, so long as their "team" can claim victory.

By Any Means Necessary.

The important thing to understand about the Democrat Party is that they have no moral or philosophical principles of any kind. The Democrat Party is about power for its own sake, and everything that Democrats claim to stand for is negotiable, subject to change if necessary to win elections. For example, if racism will win election for Democrats, then they will use racism to win elections:

A Democratic group is under sharp criticism for controversial online messages about Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell’s wife.

For months, the liberal super PAC Progress Kentucky has attacked McConnell and held demonstrations at his offices and home.

Recently, the group turned its attention to McConnell’s wife, former Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao, with a focus on her race.

In a Feb. 14 Twitter message, Progress says: “This woman has the ear of (Sen. McConnell) — she’s his wife. May explain why your job moved to China!”

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty clear btw...that Woodward led people to believe in that interview it was something it wasn't. Once I read the emails...this is a fairly meaningless story...

You're going to regret that post.

Pretty clear btw...that Woodward led people to believe in that interview it was something it wasn't. Once I read the emails...this is a fairly meaningless story...

The White House staffer wrote a numbskull phrase in an email (even I know better than to put something like that in an email at work, and I'm something like a dozen levels down the totem pole from that guy), and Woodward exploited it out of context. Non-story, and they're both at fault.

The White House staffer wrote a numbskull phrase in an email (even I know better than to put something like that in an email at work, and I'm something like a dozen levels down the totem pole from that guy), and Woodward exploited it out of context. Non-story, and they're both at fault.

Lets just agree it was close enough for government work and call it day. You of all people should agree

Lets just agree it was close enough for government work and call it day. You of all people should agree

You know god damn well that emails well below that level get scrutinized for just that sort of thing. It's total bull ****...but it's also total bull **** that Sperling was a fool to disregard.

As for Woodward...he's done nothing but ride the reputation of Watergate for decades. Something this trivial being his swan song would be downright karmic.

You know god damn well that emails well below that level get scrutinized for just that sort of thing. It's total bull ****...but it's also total bull **** that Sperling was a fool to disregard.

As for Woodward...he's done nothing but ride the reputation of Watergate for decades. Something this trivial being his swan song would be downright karmic.

It isn't Woodward or Obama's fault you sent emails around the office talking openly about your Department violating it's own regulations. Pick up phone once in a while you anti-social faceless bureaucrat. Don't be so bitter. :o

Edited by SameOldBills

Lets not forget that the real story is Woodward's original acct. which is that the W.H came up with the idea of the sequester, despite the president lying to us twice, the first time saying that it was congressional republicans idea and then before the elections telling the American public repeatedly that the sequester would never happen, when responding to Romney's attacks that it would.

Lets not forget that the real story is Woodward's original acct. which is that the W.H came up with the idea of the sequester, despite the president lying to us twice, the first time saying that it was congressional republicans idea and then before the elections telling the American public repeatedly that the sequester would never happen, when responding to Romney's attacks that it would.

Romney's wife had a horse.

You at least have to acknowledge that the world has a sense of humor when you see this referred to as "Woodward-gate." I mean, without his work, the media would never put the word "gate" on the end of anything. His work spawned a whole new way to reference something as a cover up or controversy.

That one of those somethings was ultimately his last name is too bad, in a funny kind of way.

Just wait. BO will come to own this once the country settles down and adjusts to the fact that the federal government is actually slowing its rate of growth. It'll be one of the triumphs of his imperial reign that historians fifty years hence will credit him with.

Certainly, but this is significant in that Woodward - who has made his fame and fortune as an aphid sucking on the rosebush of the Federal Government - gets squashed when he says the sap is running sour.

Just wait. BO will come to own this once the country settles down and adjusts to the fact that the federal government is actually slowing its rate of growth. It'll be one of the triumphs of his imperial reign that historians fifty years hence will credit him with.

Obama doesn't seem to care how this will make him look in the future, all he want's is more taxes.

Obama doesn't seem to care how this will make him look in the future, all he want's is more taxes.

Everyone knows the only things holding the economy back are the tax loopholes used by private jet owners. If you're not aware of this obvious fact, you clearly have not been reading your August copy of Community Organizer Today.

Everyone knows the only things holding the economy back are the tax loopholes used by private jet owners. If you're not aware of this obvious fact, you clearly have not been reading your August copy of Community Organizer Today.

I really wish these rich !@#$ private jet owners would think about the children that they're forcing to starve and the firemen that are being forced to starve and those in the military who are being forced to starve and the border patrol agents who are being forced to starve so that they can get to their destinations a little bit quicker and in style.

Romney's wife had a horse.

The key statement there is the word "had". When they got back from the Olympics... I ate his horse. I told his wife she would regret it if she brought the horse back. But...

Oh yeah, The Conspiracy Squad is on the case! Come on now. Tell us what's really going on. You guys seem to have some form of mental telepathy that allows you to know what the Presidents head.

I'm sure he's somehow using the sequester to get more people dependent on the government and the only thing standing between Obama and his evil maniacal plan for dictatorship is you guys and your guns!!

This whole thing is unsurprising. This is the same White House who used to send Rahm Emanuel (as Chief of Staff) to confront Congressmen in the showers and demand they do as they're told.

http://www.washingto...0030903654.html

Interesting that everyone is jumping on Woodward, yet no one is asking why Sperling is advising his "friend" that he will regret it.

nobody has to tell Rahm to do stuff like that...

I always wonder what libs think about this kind of ****. Who knows. They get very quiet, ignore it, then lube it up.

I just don't want to know what Rahm was poking Massa in the chest with while naked in the shower.

Anyone else notice how awesome that part of the thread sounded when read in the correct frame of mind?

It doesn't surprise me one bit. Most administrations try to control the coverage as much as they possibly can, but this one takes it to a whole new level. They have an incessant desire to control the narrative, that has been on display for quite some time. Even Plouffe bragged about this aspect of the first Obama campaign, regarding controlling the narrative. These guys are political animals, and they are great at it. They can politick with the best of them, but when it comes to governing, these guys are about as incompetent as they come. It is amateur hour up there at the W.H

So first you claim these guys are really smart. And in the next sentence they're really dumb. I'm not quite sure how you rectify that in your mind.

Governing is politicking. At least in a representative republic like ours.

Also, I see that many liberals are doing everything they can to savage Woodward's reputation.

Edited by Bigfatbillsfan

The key statement there is the word "had". When they got back from the Olympics... I ate his horse. I told his wife she would regret it if she brought the horse back. But...

Oh yeah, The Conspiracy Squad is on the case! Come on now. Tell us what's really going on. You guys seem to have some form of mental telepathy that allows you to know what the Presidents head.

I'm sure he's somehow using the sequester to get more people dependent on the government and the only thing standing between Obama and his evil maniacal plan for dictatorship is you guys and your guns!!

Anyone else notice how awesome that part of the thread sounded when read in the correct frame of mind?

So first you claim these guys are really smart. And in the next sentence they're really dumb. I'm not quite sure how you rectify that in your mind.

Governing is politicking. At least in a representative republic like ours.

Also, I see that many liberals are doing everything they can to savage Woodward's reputation.

Have you never seen anyone really smart in one area and not in another? In this case they are master politicians who have shown the ability to convince some of the dumber people in this country that 2+2=5. When they go to govern, somehow 2+2 does not equal 5. Their answer to that is that it used to be Bush's fault but now it's the congressional republicans fault for preventing 2+2 from equalling 5.