Trade Scenario

BRAWNDO

There is a lot of speculation that the 49ers are going to attempt to trade for Revis with their newly acquired picks. Perhaps with pick numbers 31 and 34 heading to the Jets.

The problem with that scenario is Revis is reportedly seeking a Mario Type Contract(16 Million/Year) with his next contract at the end of 2013 Season. This might be enough the Niners to walk away. However they still do need help at DB.

Dee Milliner and Xavier Rhodes are the two best CBs in the draft. Milliner will probably be gone by the time the 8th pick comes up, but Rhodes probably will still be there.

What if the Bills trade pick number 8 to the 49ers for picks 31, 34(Chiefs) and 61(the 49ers second round pick).

The 49ers get their DB and the Bills have three second round picks to help fill needs.

I think there will be a run on QBs at the top of the second round, as QB needy teams who passed on signal callers in the first round look to solidify that position. The Bills could take a QB at 31 then knowing they will be able to fill another need 3 selections later.

Thoughts?

There is a lot of speculation that the 49ers are going to attempt to trade for Revis with their newly acquired picks. Perhaps with pick numbers 31 and 34 heading to the Jets.

The problem with that scenario is Revis is reportedly seeking a Mario Type Contract(16 Million/Year) with his next contract at the end of 2013 Season. This might be enough the Niners to walk away. However they still do need help at DB.

Dee Milliner and Xavier Rhodes are the two best CBs in the draft. Milliner will probably be gone by the time the 8th pick comes up, but Rhodes probably will still be there.

What if the Bills trade pick number 8 to the 49ers for picks 31, 34(Chiefs) and 61(the 49ers second round pick).

The 49ers get their DB and the Bills have three second round picks to help fill needs.

I think there will be a run on QBs at the top of the second round, as QB needy teams who passed on signal callers in the first round look to solidify that position. The Bills could take a QB at 31 then knowing they will be able to fill another need 3 selections later.

Thoughts?

I'm for it, unless Barkley's available when we pick at 8. Maybe even then.

Thoughts?

Well, the Niners have no interest in Revis (reportedly:

)

So:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkjD3D5FgmE

Thoughts?

I'd do it in half-a-heartbeat...Especially in this Draft...It's pretty widely thought that there is little difference in grade from 1-50 or so...I think this is definitely the Draft to trade down...Especially if Geno Smith is gone by #8... B-)

Thoughts?

I would do it......we have to many needs to fill. picks #31 & #34 offer tremendous value for talent & cap value. pick #61 is still a 2nd round pick. Edited by papazoid

I'd do it in half-a-heartbeat...Especially in this Draft...It's pretty widely thought that there is little difference in grade from 1-50 or so...I think this is definitely the Draft to trade down...Especially if Geno Smith is gone by #8... B-)

I agree. This is a good year to trade down, as once Geno Smith is gone I can't really think of anyone on the draft boards who'd I'd say "YOU HAVE TO TAKE HIM AT #8 FOR CHAMPIONSHIP!!!" While getting Geno Smith to drop to #8 would be like winning the lottery, it also has the odds of winning the lottery and I don't like Barkely enough to take him at #8. It also seems that the Bills feel the same way, as they have made commitments to keep both Fitz and TJax. If you don't feel like anyone is special enough to stay away from those two, getting two more second round picks and their first for our first (and maybe 4th or 5th round) would give us the 31st, 34th, 41st and 61st picks. All those second round gems we keep debating over could be ours.

Of course I have serious doubts that Nix would go for it.

Edited by Whitewalker Merriman

Thoughts?

I think you and I are on the same page. Great minds think alike.... B-)

I said this to Big Cat on his thread about "Defense 2/28/13".

"Hey Cat -

I think you made my case as to why I don't want the 8th pick. You can get solid D Line talent and LB talent in the second and third rounds this year. Taking a QB at 8 this year or even WR Patterson is a bandaid on a blistering sore that needs alot of work.

My current position (subject to change...lol): Trade away the 8th pick to San Fran for their first round pick (31), and their two second round picks. We would then have a pick at 31, 41, and two second round picks from SF. Word is they want to get Revis but if you dangle a carrot in front of Harbaugh he may prefer Milliner at #8 or another top CB (which he will never get at pick 31).

This is not the year to reach or play games with a draft pick...we don't have that luxury (for instance, what if Ansah turns out to be a bust)...you try and accumulate picks and hope you hit on 50% of them. Our defense could be beefed up with some young, vicious talent if we had 4 picks in the first two rounds rather than just two. Trade down with the Niners."

Better yet, since we have many holes and the 49ers have few, why not try to get 4 or 5 picks out of them. They don't have the $$ to pay 15 rookies. How about their 1, their 2, a 3rd, 5th and a 7th?

Change the second to the Chiefs Selection at 34 and then you have a deal. Plus 15 rookies are not making that roster they should maximize their selections by trading up.

Edited by BRAWNDO

really interesting suggestion. I would hate to drop from 8 all the way to 31 but those 3 picks would be pretty enticing. Maybe we could then use some extra picks to move back to the mid 1st.

That's my thought there is not really any game changing talent that will be available at 8. Trade down get those picks and draft a QB, TE and a LB.