TBD Vote: TE

Numark

TBD Vote: TE  

70 members have voted

1. 1. How do you currently rate our starting TE Situation?

• Good
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Bad
  2. 2. How do you currently rate our depth at TE?

• Good
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Bad

So let's do something a little fun gang. I'm going to create a topic (every day or so) for each position until free agency. As a community we can rate how well off we feel the Bills are at the position. Then we can do this after free agency, and then we can do this after the draft. This way we can see where our holes really are at, what we need to address, and to see if the bills address these needs. Please be rational/honest with your voting. Also please post as well as vote, that way we can say I told you so in a few months!

Current Situation

Please feel free to correct me if you feel I have made a mistake here. This is based on what I believe would be the starters/backups if the season started today.

Starter: Scott Chandler

Depth: Lee Smith, Mike Caussin, Doris Dickerson, Derek Buttles

Previous Polls (Please vote in these polls if you have not done so already, they are still open! No need to post in them but vote away): QB | RB | WR

Edited by Numark

Voted "below average" for starting only b/c of Chandler's injury and the likelihood that he'll miss all of training camp/preseason and significant time in the regular season. If Chandler was healthy, I'd probably say average or maybe even above average.

I initially voted "bad" for depth, but upon further review, I'm upgrading it. Lee Smith is a good blocker and if we're counting Dickerson here, I like him a lot.

Voted "below average" for starting only b/c of Chandler's injury and the likelihood that he'll miss all of training camp/preseason and significant time in the regular season. If Chandler was healthy, I'd probably say average or maybe even above average.

I initially voted "bad" for depth, but upon further review, I'm upgrading it. Lee Smith is a good blocker and if we're counting Dickerson here, I like him a lot.

I think the Bills will look to upgrade from Dickerson...But I agree about Smith...He's definitely not a bad blocking TE, and he can catch a few too...It's hard to say the depth is bad with Smith...Still need at least one TE to contribute though... B-)

I think the Bills will look to upgrade from Dickerson...But I agree about Smith...He's definitely not a bad blocking TE, and he can catch a few too...It's hard to say the depth is bad with Smith...Still need at least one TE to contribute though... B-)

The other thing to keep in mind when voting on depth is that you're comparing it to depth league-wide. Aside from the Patriots, how many teams have a really good backup TE? Ed Dickson in Baltimore is decent, but not exactly a game-breaker (neither is the starter Dennis Pitta, for that matter). There are a couple others, but for the most part, backup TEs are very anonymous, and for good reason.

I don't feel that I can vote on this poll. Our current TE situation is.......starter is injured and had surgery. We have no idea when he may return. Caussin? exclusive right FA. Dickerson? exclusive rights FA. Lee Smith? How many snaps has he played? We need to address this ASAP. Because right now.........we really have none

I had to look at Pro Football Focus's Premium Stats to get info on Lee Smith.

He started 7 games this year .According to their analytics looking at every snap, he had 3 positive games, all when Chandler was there, and 4 negative games, 2 of which were when Chandler was out.

Smith is the 46th-ranked TE in the league out of 62.

IMHO, we're getting at least one new TE in the draft and possibly one in FA.