Bledsoe the Beneficiary

ajzepp

You know, the more I think about it, the more I realize that there wasn't any improvement in the QB play of Bledsoe this year. People B word and moan about all the anti-Bledsoe posts, but the funny thing is that most of us who are calling for him to be gone actually WISH the guy had it together enough to lead this team. Most of us like the guy and would love to see him succeed, but he's had four years now and has simply not gotten the job done. Time for someone else to try.

Anyhooo........Do you people realize that our defense averaged over three turnovers a GAME this year????? That is friggin amazing.......and being that turnovers are such a large indicator of win/loss records, I say that this is exhibit A for the prosecution (of you know who). Exhibit B is Willis "stiffarmin your ass to the ground" McGahee. 7-0 when he ran for 100 yards. Not too shabby.......

So in short, if you combine the massive number of turnovers our defense produced, and the emergence of Willis (on the heels of Travis crapping the bed in the early part of the year), you have the two main reasons for the improvement in our record.

Bledsoe was simply the beneficiary.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The games we won were "victories in spite of Bledsoe".

Ya know how many games this year he had over 300 yards passing?

ZERO.

Games UNDER 200 yards?

ELEVEN. 11. The number one more than 10 (ten).

Games at 100 or less?

THREE.

Games with a QB rating under 70?

FIVE.

Games with a QB rating under 32?

TWO.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I realize that there wasn't any improvement in the QB play of Bledsoe  this year. People B word and moan about all the anti-Bledsoe posts, but the funny thing is that most of us who are calling for him to be gone actually WISH the guy had it together enough to lead this team. Most of us like the guy and would love to see him succeed, but he's had four years now and has simply not gotten the job done. Time for someone else to try.

Anyhooo........Do you people realize that our defense averaged over three turnovers a GAME this year?????  That is friggin amazing.......and being that turnovers are such a large indicator of win/loss records, I say that this is exhibit A for the prosecution (of you know who). Exhibit B is Willis "stiffarmin your ass to the ground" McGahee. 7-0 when he ran for 100 yards. Not too shabby.......

So in short, if you combine the massive number of turnovers our defense produced, and the emergence of Willis (on the heels of Travis crapping the bed in the early part of the year), you have the two main reasons for the improvement in our record.

197165[/snapback]

I agree, especially with DB turning the ball over 20 + times himself.

Not to mention his 76.6 QB rating up marginally from 73 QB rating

previous year.

If Bills fans are content with 8-8 or 9-7 football, he's our guy.

The games we won were "victories in spite of Bledsoe".

Ya know how many games this year he had over 300 yards passing?

ZERO.

Games UNDER 200 yards?

ELEVEN.  11. The number one more than 10 (ten).

Games at 100 or less?

THREE.

Games with a QB rating under 70?

FIVE.

Games with a QB rating under 32?

TWO.

197176[/snapback]

I didn't know there was a Stojan on the antibledsoe bandwagon.......cool.

Most of us like the guy and would love to see him succeed, but he's had four years now and has simply not gotten the job done.

197165[/snapback]

It's only been three years... just seems a lot longer. :P

GO JP!!!

I didn't know there was a Stojan on the antibledsoe bandwagon.......cool.

197189[/snapback]

I'm not "Anti-Bledsoe" the man (as some people around here think when you bash a player you are saying you hate him)...

I am "Pro-Winning". And that WILL NOT happen with him here.

Was I the only one that felt we had a better chance of SCORING when the defense was on the field last Sunday? That's just sad.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I realize that there wasn't any improvement in the QB play of Bledsoe  this year. People B word and moan about all the anti-Bledsoe posts, but the funny thing is that most of us who are calling for him to be gone actually WISH the guy had it together enough to lead this team. Most of us like the guy and would love to see him succeed, but he's had four years now and has simply not gotten the job done. Time for someone else to try.

Anyhooo........Do you people realize that our defense averaged over three turnovers a GAME this year?????  That is friggin amazing.......and being that turnovers are such a large indicator of win/loss records, I say that this is exhibit A for the prosecution (of you know who). Exhibit B is Willis "stiffarmin your ass to the ground" McGahee. 7-0 when he ran for 100 yards. Not too shabby.......

197165[/snapback]

Thanks. I was seriously jonesin'. Can't go without my daily "ajzepp hates Bledsoe" fix.

But as for Bledsoe being a beneficiary of the emergence of McGahee...no sh--. McGahee is startlingly better at blitz pickup than Henry, and Bledsoe benefits from better blocking. Duh.

It's only been three years... just seems a lot longer. :P

GO JP!!!

197190[/snapback]

Damn, it sure as hell does seem longer.......oh well, three years is still long enough, wouldn't you say? :P

Thanks.  I was seriously jonesin'.  Can't go without my daily "ajzepp hates Bledsoe" fix. 

197193[/snapback]

Wow.. How did i know you would have to come in here.

Isn't him putting:

WARNING: ANTI-BLEDSOE POST

good enough for you?

I mean you guys B word when people "hijack" other threads. Well, he made a seperate one.

Seriously, you people "against the crusade" are the worst of them all.

Thanks.  I was seriously jonesin'.  Can't go without my daily "ajzepp hates Bledsoe" fix. 

But as for Bledsoe being a beneficiary of the emergence of McGahee...no sh--.  McGahee is startlingly better at blitz pickup than Henry, and Bledsoe benefits from better blocking.  Duh.

197193[/snapback]

How come teams like to blitz us so much? :P

Isn't him putting:

good enough for you?

I mean you guys B word when people "hijack" other threads. Well, he made a seperate one.

197198[/snapback]

lmao......I love it when a plan comes together

Isn't him putting:

good enough for you?

197198[/snapback]

I'm teasing him. And he knows it. Now shut up and color.

I'm teasing him.  And he knows it.  Now shut up and color.

197207[/snapback]

You know, DC Tom......I could SWEAR that not but a few days ago I was agreeing with some post ofyours........didn't you used to be an antiBledsonian??

He's anti-WhatEverTheGroupConsensusAtTheMomentHappensToBe.

197214[/snapback]

I bet he can't say that ten times fast

You must be forgetting how awful Bledsoe's production and play were last year to not see that his play and production improved this year. Granted this is improvement from horrendous and losing football to merely inadequate and winning football, but his play did improve.

Specifically, I'd point to these improvements:

1. Redzone performance- There were a lot of factors ranging from the alarm clock, to having a better rushing RB, to having some receiving threats due to the Moulds injury, but his redzone production improved a lot this year, particularly after Clements made switches with Bannan that improved the blocking.

2. 3rd down performance- Again having multiple go to option and not having Bledsoe lock in on Moulds helped.

3. Play fakes- This was probably the area of purest Bledsoe improvment as efforts like him sellingthe QB plunge before pitching to WM werekeys and he took pitches from WM and threw some beautiful bombs to Evans. one of the nice things in Losmans development is that after the hand-off he now also seems to be continuing the play as though he may be involved.

4. Running and rollouts- Killdrive made the mistake seemingly of assuming that because Bledsoe was not at his best running or rolling out that he should never do this. Bledsoe ran a few QB draws when he saw the safeties falling back in one or two deep coverages or doing a wide blitz. These plays not only picked up a few yards but actually will cause a hesitation in the blitz which Bledsoe desperately needs. The TD to Evans in the 9ers game was a great example of Bledsoe actually pulling off the rollout effectively. it can be a good 2nd down play for the Bills with strict orders to Bledsoe to throw it away and move on to 3rd down if it is covered well or at all.

Bledsoe has never, still can't and wil never be able to load the team on his back and carry it to a win like Elway used to do and we imagine Kelly doing. However, as he showed under Parcells and in a must-win game under BB the Bills can win even with marginal play from Bledsoe if the rest of the team picks up for him.

Most of us like the guy and would love to see him succeed, but he's had four years now and has simply not gotten the job done.

197165[/snapback]

4 Years?????????? :P

Wow, has it been that long? I could have sworn it is only 3. Don't you hate it when you get your facts straight and you look stupid? :P:lol:

can we talk about winning and not talk about who starts ?????and i did not talk about the weather . :P  :P  :lol:

197230[/snapback]

I think we need to start a "sunlight through the magnifying glass" post pretty soon

How come teams like to blitz us so much?  :P

197199[/snapback]

Give me a break. Teams liked to blitz so much with Henry back there because the offensive line is still weak and Henry would stand there with a dopey "What do I do?" look on his face while the blitzers ran by him...which meant they were bringing five or six being blocked by five or even four (considering that any given lineman would often as not take himself out of the play). And when any QB is faced with an unblocked defender and blockers who just stand around with their thumbs up their asses, he as likely as not freezes.

But you never noticed, I take it, that with McGahee in there, and with Shelton's improvement, Bledsoe became more mobile in the pocket (please note that "more mobile" is a comparative...as in "a three-toed sloth is more mobile than a brick"). That's because he suddenly found blockers he could rely on, and knew he could slide left or right if he had to. It also forced teams to back off the blitz, as they suddenly found that the Bills had guys in the backfield that were capable of picking it up.

Now don't get me wrong...I'm not defending Bledsoe. I said all last year that I wouldn't criticize any QB behind a line as pathetic as it was...but within the first three games of this year I could see that the line had improved and Bledsoe still couldn't - and likely wouldn't - get the job done. So yeah...Bledsoe sucks. No kidding. I don't think anyone will really argue that point too much. What I am arguing is the gross oversimplification that the offense is all about the QB that people indulge in to constantly justify their opinion that Bledsoe sucks.