Which player is the longest tenured Buffalo Bill?

boyst

Which Buffalo Bills player is now the longest tenured on the roster after Chris Kelsay retired?

It was asked in the shoutbox and I could not even come close to a guess without havin to check

Rian Lindell with 10 years.

Kyle Williams was drafted b the Buffalo Bills in 2006.

Fred Jackson joined the team that same year later in training camp after being invited by GM Marv Levy.

Edited. I do not think of kickers...I did not think it was worth listing, but for accuracy, yeah, you're right.

Edited by jboyst62

That seems like such a short period of time, but I don't know what turnover is like on average in the NFL.

Even stable teams turn over the roster almost 100% every few years, minus qb and a few cornerstone players (see pats roster against the giants in the two Super Bowls)

This is what, our 3rd HC since then and even more coordinators on each side?

Edited by NoSaint

You don't like the fact that it's a football position (which I agree with), or you don't like the kickers themselves?

I just do not like that when the game goes back and forth, when the teams are knocking each other around and beating the crap out of each other and the game is tight as can be it comes down to a little prancing dude jogging out and kicking it with 2 seconds left. If you watch it often enough you will find that some times the opposing team just doesn't try that hard, because if you really and genuinely try and give all you can you can block those kicks. The kicker is usually left to make it or not, with the defense not coming in to factor. see Carrington.

I do respect the strategy and the game planning but when you have two teams that keep going back and forth and it's 21-20 with neither team giving much way to the other and playing good D... it just takes away from it. Now, there is a part of me that appreciates it. A part of me that says OK, defense you know you have to stop them from getting to the 37, man up. But, with a lot of teams it is too easy to just get 2 or 3 yards (insert joke here - against our defense).

Kickers are not bad for the game, they just make it less enjoyable overall, though add a lot more suspense.

rian Lindell, who I met twice in person, who's a really great person. The first time I met him I got in field passes in 2005 at the broncos game and the second time was in 2011 at training camp

This poor kid who lived on my block got brain cancer and eventually succumbed. Rian Lindell must have visited him once a month for about 5 years. I'd see them tossing a ball around the front yard or even out bowling.

There's nobody in the league I respect more.

Jeesh, make a guy feel bad for not liking kickers, guys. Come on. If Rian had at least a few goats maybe I would like him more. It's nothing against the players or the guys... I just don't like kickers in the whole scheme of things. :bag: