Dion Jordan - DE - Oregon

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really doubt Jordan will drop to #8...But I have to say...He is the one single prospect that I would be willing to re-consider my QB in Round #1 obsession for...I think the kid is going to be a major player...The difference with Jordan and the long list of hybrids that have come out in recent years is that Jordan really isn't a hybrid...He only looks like one...He's a legit OLB who could play in any Defense...He's got tons of experience dropping in coverage and he did it pretty well too...Then add to all that he's just a freak athlete with MUCH better football instincts and technique than say Ansah, or Mingo...

I like Jordan a lot...And I would be thrilled if somehow he landed in Buffalo... B-)

If Geno/Barkley aren't an option there then I would totally sign off on Dion Jordan, I hear his pass coverage is immaculate for an LB...

could probably run with the gronk if he had to....

The qb is such a dire need that i just can't accept that not being addressed 1st.

Jordan is going second to Jax

I honestly hv no idea who I want the Bills to take only who I don't want and that's Milliner, Ezekial, Cooper who would be a reach and Jarvis Jones but don't think there is a chance he goes that high

Edited by Max997

I love him, too. He is such a fluid athlete for his size - and I'm sure he can run with almost any TE in the NFL - he has 4.55 - 4.6 speed. The only problem with picking him is we have Mario and Mark Anderson slated for that spot. UNLESS Buffalo is planning on playing Mario at DE in the 3-4, but then where does that leave Dareus and K. Williams? It would move one of them to NT, and leave Branch off the field most of the time. I don't know - I just think we've cornered ourselves with the Mario Williams deal, for at least a year or two, on that OLB/DE role.

So, as much as I love Jordan as a prospect, I just don't think we can go that position early. Add in our bigger need at QB, CB, and G, and I just don't think it's a remote possibility, even if he is there at 8. I would say, though, if he were to fall to us at 8 we'd probably have a few suitors for that coveted trade down that we're looking for - and that scenario (the trade down) is my first hope for draft day. We need all the picks we can get in the first 4 rounds.

I'd like to see Atlanta have the #8 pick.

Ps if by chance Jordan was still available at 8 we would have the world by the ++++s and be the best thing to happen to us. And then answer the phones that ring off the hook.

Edited by 3rdand12

Good lord. He wasn't even a stand out player on Oregon's defense! He's Aaron Maybin 2.0.

With all due respect...You could not possibly be more wrong...They asked him to do everything including cover slot WR's at times...His stat sheet was what it was due to how they used him at Oregon...Period... B-)

I love him, too. He is such a fluid athlete for his size - and I'm sure he can run with almost any TE in the NFL - he has 4.55 - 4.6 speed. The only problem with picking him is we have Mario and Mark Anderson slated for that spot. UNLESS Buffalo is planning on playing Mario at DE in the 3-4, but then where does that leave Dareus and K. Williams? It would move one of them to NT, and leave Branch off the field most of the time. I don't know - I just think we've cornered ourselves with the Mario Williams deal, for at least a year or two, on that OLB/DE role.

So, as much as I love Jordan as a prospect, I just don't think we can go that position early. Add in our bigger need at QB, CB, and G, and I just don't think it's a remote possibility, even if he is there at 8. I would say, though, if he were to fall to us at 8 we'd probably have a few suitors for that coveted trade down that we're looking for - and that scenario (the trade down) is my first hope for draft day. We need all the picks we can get in the first 4 rounds.

Then again, Pettine may field 5 LB's...you never know.

I'd like to see Atlanta have the #8 pick.

Ps if by chance Jordan was still available at 8 we would have the world by the ++++s and be the best thing to happen to us. And then answer the phones that ring off the hook.

Yes, and yes.

You don't burn the #2 pick on a coverage linebacker. You take him because you think he can turn into a pass rushing demon. He's got the physical tools, yet wasn't exactly a sack master at Oregon. He worries me. If he's at 8 he's probably worth that spot but at #2 he makes me cringe.