TD not "giving" Travis away

1billsfan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But what you're doing is assuming, with absolutly zero evidence, that it is MORE likely that he has changed.

You see what Im saying? Why would you assume he has changed for the better with no evidence of that?

Is it because he just happened to wear the Bills Jersey? I mean, if this guy had worn a Miami teal and turquois jersey, I have a hard time believing you would be digging for the possibilty that he is such a great team player.

He pouted all season, because a rookie showed him up. Showed him HOW TO RUN, and how to win.

197294[/snapback]

In the real world, evidence taken from players GOING OUT OF THEIR WAY to praise TH for his professionalism at times when NOT PROMPTED to do so qualifies as more substantial than speculations of a fan based on 4 years ago.

That Said, this has become quite an entertaining thread for many other unexpected reasons and I respect all of your opinions. :P

In the real world, evidence taken from players GOING OUT OF THEIR WAY to praise TH for his professionalism at times when NOT PROMPTED to do so qualifies as more substantial than speculations of a fan based on 4 years ago.

That Said, this has become quite an entertaining thread for many other unexpected reasons and I respect all of your opinions.  :P

197418[/snapback]

It's not speculation. He did what he did. Since then, he hasn't done anything contrary to past actions. Sure, people say he has...but that means a lot less to me than Henry's actions themselves.

Guess that would make me an empiricist, wouldn't it? :P

Right, like when the Bills were 0-4 this year ? I'm sure there are plenty of historical examples out there or maybe a mathmetician to show us that even "educated" assumptions are probably correct a whopping ......  50% of the time  :P

197268[/snapback]

How about falling on third down runs with no defender in sight? Running the wrong way on handoffs? Lackadazical (sp) blitz pickups? etc.

I know it's conjecture, but those plays became a bit more frequent as Willis got more playing time. Don't you think it was evident on film on Mondays in the locker room?

How about falling on third down runs with no defender in sight?  Running the wrong way on handoffs?  Lackadazical (sp) blitz pickups?  etc.

I know it's conjecture, but those plays became a bit more frequent as Willis got more playing time.  Don't you think it was evident on film on Mondays in the locker room?

197449[/snapback]

lackadaisical ... :P

How about falling on third down runs with no defender in sight?  Running the wrong way on handoffs?  Lackadazical (sp) blitz pickups?  etc.

I know it's conjecture, but those plays became a bit more frequent as Willis got more playing time.  Don't you think it was evident on film on Mondays in the locker room?

197449[/snapback]

Ward aren't you being a little tough on the beaver (Travis) ???

:P

197449[/snapback]

that is not an area that I was disputing in any way. In fact I credited VA for being the guy who pointed to those shortcomings long ago...

Guess that would make me an empiricist, wouldn't it?  :P

197437[/snapback]

You might guess that, but then when does two "off the field" situations empiricly lead one to the conclusion of "cancer" in the locker room? , and what scientific method would support that line of thought? :P

i say we keep him.  17 gamesw plus preseason is a long haul for any back, especially one like willis who will see 30 touches per game.  we will need travis healthy.  shaud williams aint travis henry.

197357[/snapback]

there are plenty of good backs who would be HAPPY to be backing up willis, so why don't we just go out and sign one of them while cashing in travis for a draft pick?? we have an asset and we should take advantage of it, and then fill the need (backup RB) elsewhere with someone who would enjoy the role......

that is not an area that I was disputing in any way. In fact I credited VA for being the guy who pointed to those shortcomings long ago...

197492[/snapback]

I don't recall stories from multiple sources that said that TH accepted the demotion professionally. All I recall is the standard party line from OBD that TH accepted the role, which became a moot point when TH got "injured."

Would you find it a locker room disruption if a guy who played games with a broken leg last year, suddenly takes himself out for 1/2 season with a lesser injury?

For all the grief we're giving Drew, don't you think that Bills could have benefitted from a solid outing from Henry during the entire year? Don't you think that the other players realize that as well?

That's the definition of a cancer.

Would you find it a locker room disruption if a guy who played games with a broken leg last year, suddenly takes himself out for 1/2 season with a lesser injury?

197510[/snapback]

Complete and utter unfounded speculation manifested in your own mind.

....... I will try to dig up some of the quotes that I refered to

**** EDIT- Ah, here is one: Press Conference

You might guess that, but then when does two "off the field" situations empiricly lead one to the conclusion of "cancer" in the locker room? , and what scientific method would support that line of thought?  :P

197506[/snapback]

It speaks directly to his maturity and judgement...and last I heard, a person's personality doesn't magically change at the locker room door.