Jim Kelly vs Frank Reich

aussiew

Hopefully some other "older" folk can help me out here. I'm trying to piece together the SB runs of all four years.

Against NY Giants - Kelly played season ender, all play off games and SB

Against Redskins - Kelly played season ender, all play off games and SB

Against Cowboys #1 - Kelly played season ender and started wildcard game against Oilers but was injured in Q1. Reich finished wildcard game and went on to win at Pittsburgh, then Miami - Kelly came in for the SB game.

Against Cowboys #2 - Kelly played season ender, then against the Raiders?? Reich played against the Chiefs?? Then Kelly for the SB.

:blink:

JK was hurt @ Gints in the 14th game. Reich started next week vs Fish for AFC east title. Then Gilbert in finale @ Redskins. JK returned for the full playoffs- 90 season

JK was top QB in AFC, starting EVERY game, though thumped mercilessly by Redskins in bowl -91 season

92 season has been correctly related in this thread -hurt @ Houston in season finale & didn't return untill AFC championship @ Miami

93- a little foggy. Home field was sewn up so I think Reich started finale, though JK started playoffs (Raiders/Chiefs/'Boys

JK was top QB in AFC, starting EVERY game, though thumped mercilessly by Redskins in bowl -91 season

197139[/snapback]

I was at the season finale vs. Detroit. I seem to recall that Reich started and played the whole game. Eddie "Eat, Drink and Be" Murray kicked a FG in overtime to win. Barry Sanders went over 100 yards. Since I was a newly minted legal drinker, the only thing I can be 100% sure of is the Bills set the season attendence record that day.

Didn't Frank start the snow game v. the Dolphins in the playoffs?  I don't remember which year that was, thought it was one of the earlier years.

197061[/snapback]

Yes he did. I believe we won 44-34...

I'll ask him to verify.

I'll ask him to verify.

197420[/snapback]

No, that was Kelly's first game back after his injury in the Giants game.

Bob4Bills was correct on all 4 years, although homefield in 93 was not clinched until the final reg. season game @Indy.

No, that was Kelly's first game back after his injury in the Giants game.

Bob4Bills was correct on all 4 years, although homefield in 93 was not clinched until the final reg. season game @Indy.

197433[/snapback]

Franks' Post season stats :

Year Opp Result | CMP ATT PYD PTD INT | RSH YD TD

---------------------+--------------------------+-----------------

1990 rai W,51-3 | 0 0 0 0 0 | 2 -1 0

1991 kan W,37-14 | 0 0 0 0 0 | 3 -3 0

*1991 was L,24-37 | 1 1 11 0 0 | 0 0 0

1992 hou W,41-38 | 21 34 289 4 1 | 1 -1 0

1992 pit W,24-3 | 16 23 160 2 0 | 2 -3 0

*1992 dal L,17-52 | 18 31 194 1 2 | 1 0 0

1997 tam L,10-20 | 11 15 129 0 0 | 1 5 0

---------------------+--------------------------+-----------------

TOTAL | 67 104 783 7 3 | 10 -3 0

I'll ask him to verify.

197420[/snapback]

Maybe you're thinking of Reich beating the Dolphins during the regular season? It was a rainy day (I believe it was Dec 23rd 1990). Larry Norton of 97 Rock redid Free's "All Right Now" into "All Reich Now". Ah, memories.

Maybe you're thinking of Reich beating the Dolphins during the regular season?  It was a rainy day (I believe it was Dec 23rd 1990).  Larry Norton of 97 Rock redid Free's "All Right Now" into "All Reich Now".  Ah, memories.

197509[/snapback]

That is correct...I think the Bills won that game 27-17 or something like that..that win clinched HFA for the Bills with 1 week to go in 1990

Maybe you're thinking of Reich beating the Dolphins during the regular season?  It was a rainy day (I believe it was Dec 23rd 1990).  Larry Norton of 97 Rock redid Free's "All Right Now" into "All Reich Now".  Ah, memories.

197509[/snapback]

I was in the endzone watching oline putting a clinic on how to block in the counter trey. One of the goalposts was carried over the upper deck... :P The next game they dumped the horses and replaced them with Rotties and GSDs...