(OT) Doug Mientkiewicz not giving up ball

Because when I own stuff and I want to give it to my kids they get to have it, same for Doug.

197676[/snapback]

Wow.

You are arguing with someone who doesn't think Doug Mientkiewicz should own the ball.

Did you think I was going to be pursuaded when you said but one day Doug Mientkiewicz's KIDS will own it?

Jesus. Eventually, it will bring financial gain to the Mientkiewicz family.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spin?

No. Why in the world should Doug Mientkiewicz's  kids own it?

Mind boggling.

197672[/snapback]

Steve I take it that you would gladly turn over Barry Bonds 756th home run ball to the Giants then? You wouldn't want to get anything out of it?

You are the same guy that advocated ripping off the electronics store because the clerk screwed up and gave you a free game.

Steve I take it that you would gladly turn over Barry Bonds 756th home run ball to the Giants then?  You wouldn't want to get anything out of it?

You are the same guy that advocated ripping off the electronics store because the clerk screwed up and gave you a free game.

197681[/snapback]

Would I turn over the 756th home run ball to the Giants?

HELL NO I WOULDN'T.

Why? Because the Giants didn't pay me $3million last year to play on their TEAM.

Why in the world should Doug Mientkiewicz's kids own it?

BECAUSE THEIR FATHER MADE ONE OF BIGGEST OUTS IN BASEBALL HISTORY WITH IT YOU DUMB JACKASS.

If it goes to the hall, it will be in a closet in a year and probably won't be seen until 25 years later.

HELL NO I WOULDN'T.

Why? Because the Giants didn't pay me $3million last year to play on their TEAM.

197684[/snapback]

What the hell does that matter? The Red Sox don't own that ball. He's not "stealing" from his employer.

EDIT: If you think about it, you are stealing from the Giants (if you consider them the owners of the ball as you do the Red Sox) because you are taking "their property" from Pac Bell Park which is owned by the Giants.

The reason that doesn't hold true though is because it's common knowledge that fans are allowed to keep balls. This is something that's always been a courtesy from MLB and the teams such as it is with players keeping important balls.

Wow.

You are arguing with someone who doesn't think Doug Mientkiewicz should own the ball.

Did you think I was going to be pursuaded when you said but one day Doug Mientkiewicz's KIDS will own it?

Jesus. Eventually, it will bring financial gain to the Mientkiewicz family.

197680[/snapback]

My guess, and i'm making an assumption, is that the Sox would charge people to see this ball and gain financially from it, it is just the way this ownership group is.

What the hell does that matter?  The Red Sox don't own that ball.  He's not "stealing" from his employer.

197686[/snapback]

Oh man, I am so happy you chose not to take my side on this argument.

When you take a side, it makes that side's validity go down by about 50% with your first post.

Thanks.

(yeah, I didn't respond to that post, because I would answer i the exact same way i did with my last post).

Oh man, I am so happy you chose not to take my side on this argument.

When you take a side, it makes that side's validity go down by about 50% with your first post.

Thanks.

(yeah, I didn't respond to that post, because I would answer i the exact same way i did with my last post).

197688[/snapback]

Like I said, you are the same person that condoned taking a game you know you didn't pay for because the clerk screwed up. It's ok to steal from someone as long as they "aren't" your employer in your eyes I guess.

HELL NO I WOULDN'T.

197684[/snapback]

I agree 100 percent.

Beacuse for people like you and me, that baseball CAN be a valid claim to be used to send our kids through college.

Major League players, stars or not, arent struggling, unless they pi$$ the money away.

Like I said, you are the same person that condoned taking a game you know you didn't pay for because the clerk screwed up.  It's ok to steal from someone as long as they "aren't" your employer in your eyes I guess.

197696[/snapback]

why did you put aren't in quotes?

I agree 100 percent.

Beacuse for people like you and me, that baseball CAN be a valid claim to be used to send our kids through college.

Major League players, stars or not, arent struggling, unless they pi$$ the money away.

197704[/snapback]

I don't really disagree with that, but in PRINCIPLE it's the same thing.

Got it.

sh-- = Timmy

BF = Jimmy

197723[/snapback]

Gavin, I have round trip Tickets to France, all expenses paid, for a week so you can go to, along with other places, The Louvre...

Oh, wait, screw it.

Just have someone tell you the stories of all the priceless paintings there. I'm sure it will be the same experience.