Boogity boogity boogity!!!

The Poojer

Exactly.

Ive been watching women kick butt and take names in NHRA for decades. Ive seen them win events, Championships, etc. In every class of the sport, too. In the biggest and smallest events. And some with a paintless car (ie sponsorless). So to this observer, Danica being in first for a few laps and coming in 8th at Daytona, while nice, isnt something to wet my pants about. Wake me up when she actually WINS something.

Ricky Bobby: Wait, Dad. Don't you remember the time you told me "If you ain't first, you're last"?

Reese Bobby: Huh? What are you talking about, Son?

Ricky Bobby: That day at school.

Reese Bobby: Oh hell, Son, I was high that day. That doesn't make any sense at all, you can be second, third, fourth... hell you can even be fifth.

Ricky Bobby: What? I've lived my whole life by that!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly.

Ive been watching women kick butt and take names in NHRA for decades. Ive seen them win events, Championships, etc. In every class of the sport, too. In the biggest and smallest events. And some with a paintless car (ie sponsorless). So to this observer, Danica being in first for a few laps and coming in 8th at Daytona, while nice, isnt something to wet my pants about. Wake me up when she actually WINS something.

Nascar Sprint Cup is a bit different though don't you think?

How many woman are even racing in the Nascar Sprint Cup series right now?

Your idea of "history" is leading for a few laps.

Mine is actually winning the event.

I guess we have a different concept of what makes a good accomplishment.

LOL....it doesn't attract enough eyeballs if the "historical" label isn't slapped on the event. See also; every snowstorm for the past 5 years.

Nascar Sprint Cup is a bit different though don't you think?

Whats "different" about it? Both are the professional classes in their respective categories, racing against the best competitors in National events in front of tens of thousands of fans and broadcast on national TV, using the absolute best equipment out there, with major sponsorships bankrolling the sport and the individual competitor's operations.

No, there arent many women in NASCAR at the moment. But there have been quite a few before Patrick. Again, she ran a good race yesterday. Started at the pole and stayed in the front the whole way. She did good. But shes NOT the pioneer many are making her out to be, Im sorry.

Edited by RkFast

Drag racing is a heck of a lot different than oval racing. You're racing one opponent at a time as opposed to 42 opponents at a time. A quarter mile is a little shorter than 500 miles. Sure they go faster but damn.

Like it or not Danica did make NASCAR history. And for her first full season in NASCAR that's pretty good. Not a lot of "rookies" can boast the accomplishments she can. Now she just has to stay consistent and win to solidify herself. She's got the tools and the supporting staff for it.

I do think the media, particularly ESPN goes way overboard with the Danica coverage. There are 42 other drivers out there as well.

Edited by Kevin