Boogity boogity boogity!!!

The Poojer

When you have Gordon to the inside of you, it's a bad move. When you have Harvick, Busch and Biffle behind you, who both can get the draft push they want you're going to have a hard go at it. Then if Kahne gets to Gordon it is check, as they team up and go.

It was a bad move. To add, it is not like IRL, you don't just smash the gas and go. You have to draft, use your car as a tool, and fine the lines to run on that make your car the very best. She has no clue how to do that, and as they just pointed out she takes her car too low and that is just a bad idea.

It wasn't a bad move at all. The high line was moving faster for quite a while. Also, the drivers know their cars and know what line is running best for them.

Just because Gordon got a good draft doesn't mean that Danica made a bad move. It took 10 laps before the low line was anywhere close to the high line. She would have been back in 6th-8th if she started low.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't Kahne's fault. That worthless prick kyle busch got into the back of Kahne and spun him. I hate Kyle Busch.

I saw that. Oh well. It's Daytona. They just showed a shot of Stewart working on the car. Awesome.

Even thou I am not a JJ fan, I have to hand it to him as he was the ONLY driver to figure out how to use the side draft to get to the front.

Stewart would've won that damned race. He was the only car able to pass other cars without help out there. What a shame that he was caught up in that wreck so early. Glad Danica didn't screw it up and wreck everybody at the end. I think she actually held her own pretty well out there.

Toyota had better fix these issues they are having with their engines or the Toyota teams will all convert over to Dodge haha. Two engines and a drive train blown in the last 50 laps of a restrictor plate race? That isn't good.

Keselowski with all of that damage to his car still running up front. I'm beginning to like the kid a lot.

This years race was hard to watch. Not a lot of passing and it seems that the drivers are starting to get complacent out there. It's just like they are happy to just finish the race and are not wanting to mix it up a bit. That could be a bad thing.

Loved the stories this AM about how Danica "made history." What a joke. She did nothing out there. Ran a fine race, no surprises and held her own. But "history?' Please.

Meanwhile, no fewer than FIVE women started in the three pro classes in NHRA yesterday, with Erica Enders winning Pro Stock and last week, Courtney Force winning Funny Car. AND they managed to enter and win without making sleazy TV commericals or acting like a primadonna to the press.

I get that NASCAR is bigger than NHRA, but the slobbering over Patrick minimizes the accomplishemnets of other women drivers...and worse, ones that actually WIN every now and then.

Edited by RkFast

Loved the stories this AM about how Danica "made history." What a joke. She did nothing out there. Ran a fine race, no surprises and held her own. But "history?' Please.

Meanwhile, no fewer than FIVE women started in the three pro classes in NHRA yesterday, with Erica Enders winning Pro Stock and last week, Courtney Force winning Funny Car. AND they managed to enter and win without making sleazy TV commericals or acting like a primadonna to the press.

I get that NASCAR is bigger than NHRA, but the slobbering over Patrick minimizes the accomplishemnets of other women drivers...and worse, ones that actually WIN every now and then.

Danica Patrick was racing with the best race car drivers in the world on the most prestigous track on the circuit. A woman going head to head and holding her own in a mans world..

To down play her accomplishments yesterday shows just how much you know about racing

Danica Patrick was racing with the best race car drivers in the world on the most prestigous track on the circuit. A woman going head to head and holding her own in a mans world..

To down play her accomplishments yesterday shows just how much you know about racing

Excuse me?

First of all I said she ran a good race. I just dont think what she did was "historic" in any way.

Second of all I gave you real examples from other professional racing categories to illustrate how the way Patrick is portrayed in the media is out of kilter with the reality of her actual results, especially when looked through the prism of other women drivers and their accomplishments. So please explain how giving these examples shows I know nothing about racing.

Edited by RkFast

Excuse me?

First of all I said she ran a good race. I just dont think what she did was "historic" in any way.

Second of all I gave you real examples from other professional racing categories to illustrate how the way Patrick is portrayed in the media is out of kilter with the reality of her actual results, especially when looked through the prism of other women drivers and their accomplishments. So please explain how giving these examples shows I know nothing about racing.

Yeah, you won't get a decent response to this.

Edited by Fig Newtons

Excuse me?

when you make history, for instance becoming the 1st woman ever to lead the Daytona , to say its not historical doesn't even make sense,

sorry Charlie...

Edited by dog14787

when you make history, for instance becoming the 1st woman ever to lead the Daytona , to say its not historical doesn't even make sense,

sorry Charlie...

Your idea of "history" is leading for a few laps.

Mine is actually winning the event.

I guess we have a different concept of what makes a good accomplishment.

if you aint first youre last.

Exactly.

Ive been watching women kick butt and take names in NHRA for decades. Ive seen them win events, Championships, etc. In every class of the sport, too. In the biggest and smallest events. And some with a paintless car (ie sponsorless). So to this observer, Danica being in first for a few laps and coming in 8th at Daytona, while nice, isnt something to wet my pants about. Wake me up when she actually WINS something.

Edited by RkFast