Renewable Energy With Renewable Grants

3rdnlng

I'm answering you on my Commodore 64 with a dial up connection just after playing a game of Pong. You can speculate all you want but if you don't back up your claims with something concrete then it's hardly worth discussing.

Back up which claim? That of all our technologies the only one that hasn't advanced (at all) in close to 100 years is also the most profitable and tied most closely to our entire economic model?

That's not a claim. Those are just facts.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask yourself this...

Technology evolves exponentially. We've seen enormous leaps in the past 20 years, evidenced by the fact that everyone now has a computer more powerful than the ones used during the Apollo missions in their pocket. Our cell phones and computers are outdated after 12 months (less if you're really on point), we've witnessed amazing advancements in nearly every field of science and technology but one.

Why is that? Why is it that we won't be caught dead with a computer from 1980 but we're all using technology that hasn't changed in nearly 100 years to get around? Jet engines were developed in the 30s, internal combustion engines in the 19th century. Even the rockets used by NASA are the same as the ones developed in the 1940s.

Because fuel has been fairly inexpensive, and there is no incentive the change the technology.... at $10 a gallon you better bet 30 miles to gallon would become an outrage.

Because fuel has been fairly inexpensive, and there is no incentive the change the technology.... at $10 a gallon you better bet 30 miles to gallon would become an outrage.

There are a multitude of incentives to change the technology. Besides the usual environmentalist talking points, free and renewable energy would do the most to combat global poverty than any other invention throughout history. Being able to bring power to the most remote of locations would literally change the face of the planet in less than a decade.

It would also throw out the entire economic model that the largest industries rely upon to keep their choke-hold over the population. This may sound like crazy paranoia but there's evidence of the cabal's reach throughout history. Again, look at what happened to Tesla. His method for providing electricity was cheaper and more efficient yet because "you can't put a meter on it", his work was systematically demonized and tossed aside as poppycock fantasy.

Edited by We Come In Peace

Ask yourself this...

Technology evolves exponentially. We've seen enormous leaps in the past 20 years, evidenced by the fact that everyone now has a computer more powerful than the ones used during the Apollo missions in their pocket. Our cell phones and computers are outdated after 12 months (less if you're really on point), we've witnessed amazing advancements in nearly every field of science and technology but one.

Why is that? Why is it that we won't be caught dead with a computer from 1980 but we're all using technology that hasn't changed in nearly 100 years to get around? Jet engines were developed in the 30s, internal combustion engines in the 19th century. Even the rockets used by NASA are the same as the ones developed in the 1940s.

Because one is based on physics and mechanics that's hundreds of years old, and one's based on physics and electronics that's been around for maybe seventy years.

And the rockets NASA uses are insanely more evolved from what was developed in the '40s.

Because one is based on physics and mechanics that's hundreds of years old, and one's based on physics and electronics that's been around for maybe seventy years.

And the rockets NASA uses are insanely more evolved from what was developed in the '40s.

Evolved in every way but for propulsion... von Braun's designs are still the foundation of modern rocketry, are they not?

There are a multitude of incentives to change the technology. Besides the usual environmentalist talking points, free and renewable energy would do the most to combat global poverty than any other invention throughout history. Being able to bring power to the most remote of locations would literally change the face of the planet in less than a decade.

It would also throw out the entire economic model that the largest industries rely upon to keep their choke-hold over the population. This may sound like crazy paranoia but there's evidence of the cabal's reach throughout history. Again, look at what happened to Tesla. His method for providing electricity was cheaper and more efficient yet because "you can't put a meter on it", his work was systematically demonized and tossed aside as poppycock fantasy.

I don't know, am not a conspiracy guy. I'll admit, I know nothing about Tesla, I assume he had a different technology that would have drastically changed the energy game?

Its probably no different than in Healthcare, there is a always a conspiracy theorist who believes the AMA and Drug Companies supress natural therapies that cure heart disease, cancer, alzheimers, etc... but how is it these therapies never make it to market, even when a wealthy investor could make a fortune on them? I find it hard to believe with all the money to be made that everyone influential is in on an elaborate scheme to keep drug company profits up artificially... from what I have observed, the prople who get medical treatment for cancer have a fighting chance, people who take vitamins and supplements to fight cancer die....

If people actually knew anything about the electric infrastructure, regulation, and rates, they wouldn't say stupid things like:

There's only one reason and one reason only why we aren't using renewable energy in this country and on this planet: you can't put a meter on free energy.

CEO's in this country are way overpaid. I miss the days when your boss lived down the street from you.

What days were those, again? The Hellenistic days, or do we have to go all the way back to Assyria?

Ahhh...It's comforting to see that despite my absence...some things do not change.

conner posts something woefully idiotic

and

DC_Tom is right there with not only the correct dosage of smack down, but also something that is both humorous and insightful.

That conner will never understand why Tom chose the ancient Greeks as the "last" example of his idiot premise/Country Tyme Lemonade posit...just makes it all that much more entertaining...for me.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I don't know, am not a conspiracy guy. I'll admit, I know nothing about Tesla, I assume he had a different technology that would have drastically changed the energy game?

Depending on how deeply you wish to go down the conspiracy tunnel, Tesla vs Edison is a landmark case in terms of this topic. Edison's direct current was easier to commercialize while Tesla's alternating current was essentially nearly impossible "to put a meter on it". What erupted was possibly the nation's first "industrial war" between competing interests. We're talking the biggest names in industry and wealth in the history of the world, guys like J. P. Morgan, John Jacob Astor, Lord Rothschild, and W. K. Vanderbilt, men with incredible power and influence, enough to shape the world in any image they saw fit -- they would be the ones to decide if we would use Tesla's methods or Edison's / GEs. The propaganda started early:

"I remember Tom [Edison] telling them that direct current was like a river flowing peacefully to the sea, while alternating current was like a torrent rushing violently over a precipice. Imagine that! Why they even had a professor named Harold Brown who went around talking to audiences... and electrocuting dogs and old horses right on stage, to show how dangerous alternating current was." Westinghouse.

JP Morgan manipulated the stock market in an attempt to starve Tesla and Westinghouse and buy their IP for cheap and bury the patents so that he could control the entire hydro electric industry. It didn't work. Morgan was thwarted when Tesla refused to sell his patents (suffering extreme economic hardships as a result, Morgan put the screws to him). Then, several years later when Tesla was on the verge of proving that his wireless tranmission of electricity would work, his lab was mysterious burned down by unknown assailants. This STILL didn't stop Tesla who continued to work and eventually clashed with Marconi who stole over 17 of Tesla's patents on his way to a Nobel Prize. Marconi was heavily backed by the wealth of Europe (Rothchilds, Astors and some say Morgan as well though I've never seen that verified) and eventually got the US patent office to overturn Tesla's patents (something that was never explained by the Patent Office).

The powers that be ruined Tesla and buried his research for over 80 years. It wasn't until the past two decades or so that serious scholars and researchers have begun examining all the twists and turns in his life. It's a fascinating story, and one that shows the true scope and reach of the powers that be.

Its probably no different than in Healthcare, there is a always a conspiracy theorist who believes the AMA and Drug Companies supress natural therapies that cure heart disease, cancer, alzheimers, etc... but how is it these therapies never make it to market, even when a wealthy investor could make a fortune on them? I find it hard to believe with all the money to be made that everyone influential is in on an elaborate scheme to keep drug company profits up artificially... from what I have observed, the prople who get medical treatment for cancer have a fighting chance, people who take vitamins and supplements to fight cancer die....

Again, it depends on how deep down the rabbit hole you wish to go. Either you believe that there are people in this world who value power and control over everything else, or you don't. But you don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to understand the motives behind suppressing technology (or in this case medicine) -- $$$$$$$$$$$$$. You make a lot more money treating diseases than curing them.

If people actually knew anything about the electric infrastructure, regulation, and rates, they wouldn't say stupid things like:

How can you regulate, let alone charge, something that's freely available to everyone?

You can't. Which is why free energy has been suppressed for decades on this planet. Before judging, go check out who sits at the top of the energy industry pyramid. Check out the family names, then maybe you'll see...

Edited by We Come In Peace

How can you regulate, let alone charge, something that's freely available to everyone?

You can't. Which is why free energy has been suppressed for decades on this planet. Before judging, go check out who sits at the top of the energy industry pyramid. Check out the family names, then maybe you'll see...

You either have no idea what you're talking about or you are just trolling at this point.

You either have no idea what you're talking about or you are just trolling at this point.

Are you familiar with Tesla's working theories? Or are you just speaking from the vantage point of someone who only knows the winner's side of the story?

And I'm not even going deeper with it. There are many, many other examples outside of Tesla of the government/elite suppressing information and technology from the public. This isn't a new trend.

Are you familiar with Tesla's working theories? Or are you just speaking from the vantage point of someone who only knows the winner's side of the story?

And I'm not even going deeper with it. There are many, many other examples outside of Tesla of the government/elite suppressing information and technology from the public. This isn't a new trend.

You're an idiot.

Tesla got screwed. Nobody denies it. Hell, a band even named themselves over it.

Now, to go from that...to there's a super secret government installation that is doing Tesla stuff and doesn't want anybody to know about it? Sci-fi channel. This is what Hollywood loves: just enough fact to cross the suspension of disbelief threshold.

Dude, I know an ex-NSA guy who sold his patents. At one point, they were state of the art and classified. When they were replaced by something better, he got the green light to go commericial. He says there's lots of guys like him.

Morevover, there's this thing called the internet now. Tesla was fighting when the "old boy" club really did exist, and they really did have control over the media.

Double Moreover, if anyone thought they could make any money off of any of Tesla's theories...they'd be doing it. Not just in this country. Especially if they could get their hands on his research.

I find that most of the "they are doing this" stories come from the wannabes. Not good enough to go get a EE degree and invent something...but still interested in EE? Become a "journalist" or a "watchdog" and then write stories about the people who are good enough to get that degree and engineer something. It's the same thing in my job. There are a zillion "health care informatics" bloggers or "workflow" bloggers or "mobile enterprise" bloggers. Hardly if any have ever run a project, built an archtecture from scratch, or actually sat down an wrote a single line of code that has been put into production.

But, they all "know" something about what I do. :lol: