Renewable Energy With Renewable Grants

3rdnlng

http://watchdog.org/...-govt-employee/

Despite record federal debt, municipal bankruptcies and a nagging global recession, those executives enjoy pay packages that are out of reach of most Americans who pay their salaries. MRIGlobal and Alliance tax documents obtained by Watchdog show most earned well into six-figures:

• Dan Arvizu, Alliance president and NREL director

2010: $928,069

2009: $691,570

2008: $652,159

I wonder if he kept up with the COLA?

Edited by 3rdnlng

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you seriously comparing wages from the pre-women's lib movement (ie. single earner families), to wages post women's lib movement which literally doubled the work force? When you double the supply of the employee pool, but not the demand for products and services, and not the supply of jobs, wages will decrease as dictated by supply and demand.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Solar and wind still remain prohibitively expensive and not viable for general use as are corn and wood chips to fuel cars...

Until Oil, and the refined product Gasoline hit a price where they are no longer competitive with renewables, renewable will be a heavily subsidzied, inefficient, pet-project money hole being pushed by Government. Look no further than $.30 cent increase in unleaded here in Colorado as evidence- all of the sudden the news station have the "pain at the pump" segment where they interview a bunch of dipshits who claim that an extra $10 a week in the tank is gonna put them on the streets.... I assume this represents a pretty large portion of middle class people, do we really think anytime soon these people are going to pony up huge out of pocket cost (even with tax credits) to buy the next generation of energy product before it is absoultley no chioce?

When the time comes and said energy type get too expensive some billionaire investor will put their money on the line and create new products to replace the old... its the way it works, always has, always will.

Edited by B-Large

When the time comes and said energy type get too expensive some billionaire investor will put their money on the line and create new products to replace the old... its the way it works, always has, always will.

That's only if the game isn't rigged. There's only one reason and one reason only why we aren't using renewable energy in this country and on this planet: you can't put a meter on free energy.

That's only if the game isn't rigged. There's only one reason and one reason only why we aren't using renewable energy in this country and on this planet: you can't put a meter on free energy.

Just what is this free energy you speak of?

Exactly my point, 3rd. Exactly my point. We aren't allowed to know because if they admitted they've had it all along, they'd have to explain where they got it and why they kept it a secret.

I guess I didn't know if I was addressing the faux alien or the tree hugging rainbow farting, unicorn believing offspring of Elizabeth Warren and Dennis Kucinich.

I guess I didn't know if I was addressing the faux alien or the tree hugging rainbow farting, unicorn believing offspring of Elizabeth Warren and Dennis Kucinich.

Ask yourself this...

Technology evolves exponentially. We've seen enormous leaps in the past 20 years, evidenced by the fact that everyone now has a computer more powerful than the ones used during the Apollo missions in their pocket. Our cell phones and computers are outdated after 12 months (less if you're really on point), we've witnessed amazing advancements in nearly every field of science and technology but one.

Why is that? Why is it that we won't be caught dead with a computer from 1980 but we're all using technology that hasn't changed in nearly 100 years to get around? Jet engines were developed in the 30s, internal combustion engines in the 19th century. Even the rockets used by NASA are the same as the ones developed in the 1940s.

Edited by We Come In Peace

There is no free lunch in this country, and really anywhere on this planet. I don't know, I know money and politcal influence is dirty, but I just don't see a vast conspiracy for subduing a technology that even if you were the one to come up with it, chances are you could still make money off it some way shape or form. The conspiracy to suppress reweables is better known as not cost effective yet and they know it.

There is no free lunch in this country, and really anywhere on this planet. I don't know, I know money and politcal influence is dirty, but I just don't see a vast conspiracy for subduing a technology that even if you were the one to come up with it, chances are you could still make money off it some way shape or form. The conspiracy to suppress reweables is better known as not cost effective yet and they know it.

Tell that to Tesla, I'm sure he'd appreciate the chuckle.

Ask yourself this...

Technology evolves exponentially. We've seen enormous leaps in the past 20 years, evidenced by the fact that everyone now has a computer more powerful than the ones used during the Apollo missions in their pocket. Our cell phones and computers are outdated after 12 months (less if you're really on point), we've witnessed amazing advancements in nearly every field of science and technology but one.

Why is that? Why is it that we won't be caught dead with a computer from 1980 but we're all using technology that hasn't changed in nearly 100 years to get around? Jet engines were developed in the 30s, internal combustion engines in the 19th century. Even the rockets used by NASA are the same as the ones developed in the 1940s.

I'm answering you on my Commodore 64 with a dial up connection just after playing a game of Pong. You can speculate all you want but if you don't back up your claims with something concrete then it's hardly worth discussing.