draft trades

ch19079

assuming we get a second roundr for henry. do you think we will trade our 2 second round picks to move up in to the first?

just another idea, cus i really dont want to talk about the freakin jets playoff game. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

i dont think so. OG, and CB in the second round.

it's way too early to make assumptions. With the crop of free agent RBs out there... James, Alexander, Bennett, Jordan, etc. plus the RB crop (at least 3 in the top 15) coming into the draft... plus Clarrett out there (and yes... watch the raiders or fins jump on him) and the only assumption, or the best anyone can hope for in Henry's case is that the Bills get a mid 3rd rounder for him.

As far as who the Bills draft.... you can bank on an offensive lineman being drafted regardless of whether or not Jennings is resigned, but if Pat Williams does not get re-signed, unless the Bills re-stock that void adequately in free agency, they're are in big trouble in the middle, because Edwards, Anderson, and Bannan have not shown that they can step in and play up to Pat's level... and no-way Sam Adams will be even close to as effective as he was this season without a Pat Williams calibre compadre playing along side him.

So... until mid to late March when most of the free agency dust settles, it's futile to speculate on who/what position the Bills might select in the early rounds.

it's way too early to make assumptions.  With the crop of free agent RBs out there... James, Alexander, Bennett, Jordan, etc.  plus the RB crop (at least 3 in the top 15) coming into the draft... plus Clarrett out there (and yes... watch the raiders or fins jump on him) and the only assumption, or the best anyone can hope for in Henry's case is that the Bills get a mid 3rd rounder for him.

As far as who the Bills draft.... you can bank on an offensive lineman  being drafted regardless of whether or not Jennings is resigned, but if Pat Williams does not get re-signed, unless the Bills re-stock that void adequately in free agency, they're are in big trouble in the middle, because Edwards, Anderson, and Bannan have not shown that they can step in and play up to Pat's level... and no-way Sam Adams will be even close to as effective as he was this season without a Pat Williams calibre compadre playing along side him.

So... until mid to late March when most of the free agency dust settles, it's futile to speculate on who/what position the Bills might select in the early rounds.

197039[/snapback]

Edwards has shown that he can handle that position, and he does it very well.

assuming we get a second roundr for henry. do you think we will trade our 2 second round picks to move up in to the first?

just another idea, cus i really dont want to talk about the freakin jets playoff game.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

i dont think so. OG, and CB in the second round.

196965[/snapback]

IF(and thats a big if) we get 2nd for henry, then we should probobly just draft 2 in the 2nd round. A move to the 1st would only be justified if we selected a stud, teh type of guy who could step in and play almsot immediately. Other than that, I agree that OL and CB are good positions to go with. You can never have too many good lineman or secondary players.

I honestly can't see the Bills getting more than a 3rd for Henry and probably a mid to late 3rd at best. If they were to get a 2nd, which is unlikely given the FA's available and the crop of RB's coming out, I don't think they should package them to get a 1st. First of all, I don't think there are many teams willing to give up their own 1st unless they were getting another 1st the folllowing year. Teams just don't move out of the 1st round altogether like that. Add in the fact that you could get two 2nd rounders for the cost of one 1st, it makes more sense to get servicable quantity than quality at that point. If they were to get an extra 2nd, then maybe they could use that pick on a Kicker unless TD somehow finds someone through free agency again, yikes!

My dream of course would be that we tag Jennings and get someone to give us a late first for him but honestly I'd take a 2nd for an oft-injured OT. Same for Travis but I'm so over him I'd take a 3rd (Which is more realistic).

In my opinion, I would package both 2nd's or a 2nd and next year's first to get into the first round.