Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia

JPS

Don Banks of SI.com has the Bills taking Austin @ 8 and subsequently trading back into the 1st round with the Vikings to take Barkley @ 25.

ICK!!

Buddy will just take the draft as it comes and tell us he was surprised they were there.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup:

My favourite

I am BPA kinda guy and there are a bunch of Bills possible selections I would be happy with. IMO Austin is a talented player that would make the Bills better so I would be OK with that selection. I've posted many this many times, the Bills can select any number of positions at 8 and fill holes. Hence I am hoping for a trade down.

At least that would of made a better argument than "Oh. What week is Oklahoma on the schedule?"

:lol:

You'd think there wouldn't be a need to make any argument against drafting Roscoe Parrish 2.0 at #8, but there ya go.

Ok, so an average of 8 receptions a game at a little less than 10 YPC with over 370 yards rushing at 13 yard per Rush attempt during that time span not good numbers?

in 4 of those losses, his avgs were 9.2, 5.7, 9.2, 7.2.

Those aren't very good numbers.

You'd think there wouldn't be a need to make any argument against drafting Roscoe Parrish 2.0 at #8, but there ya go.

Roscoe 2.0?

Let's see here, you have one guy who totaled 1355 total yard receiving with less than 100 catches in his college career and another that had 2 1000 yard seasons and over 3000 yards with over 280 receptions for his career and nearly three times the TD's.

Yep, Roscoe 2.0

:rolleyes:

in 4 of those losses, his avgs were 9.2, 5.7, 9.2, 7.2.

Those aren't very good numbers.

But when you combine that with over 40 receptions, doesn't look nearly as bad.

Bbbut yesterday... they said we were high on Matt Barkley! And the day before that, they said Nassib was first on our board. I'm so confused. How can so many different writers know exactly what the FO is thinking? They are clever psychics to know the up to the minute changing thoughts of Buffalo.

Austin has not missed a game in 8 years. Given the number of touches he has including kick returns that suggests to me he is plenty durable enough. 40 TDs in 4 years. 572 combined yards against Oklahoma in ONE game. I also love the tape of the Rutgers game where he runs in a long TD on a snow covered field. Pick Austin #8. Grab him before the Jests get a chance. Speed beats size.

Austin has not missed a game in 8 years. Given the number of touches he has including kick returns that suggests to me he is plenty durable enough. 40 TDs in 4 years. 572 combined yards against Oklahoma in ONE game. I also love the tape of the Rutgers game where he runs in a long TD on a snow covered field. Pick Austin #8. Grab him before the Jests get a chance. Speed beats size.

I don't think you've been keeping up. Those rushing yards never counted. Oh and Oklahoma isn't on Buffalo's schedule of opponents for this upcoming year.

I would prefer to have the 8th best player available rather than than a lower/mid range first round pick and a mid range second.

If Austin goes to the Jets he will kill us twice a year for the next 7 years. Who gets to cover him, Bryan Scott or Aaron Williams or Ron Brooks or Leodis ?

And please please please let's not trade away our FIrst round pick in 2014 to get back in the bottom of the first this year. We can get by without a developmental QB project this year if needs be.

I don't think you've been keeping up. Those rushing yards never counted. Oh and Oklahoma isn't on Buffalo's schedule of opponents for this upcoming year.

Don't you think that his running style would generate plenty of YAC ? I'm sure that Hackett could devise a plan to keep him involved and his electric pace from the slot would keep the safeties occupied and give space for CJ and Fred. Lets draft some 6' 8" beanpole WR in the 6th round to play jump ball in the red zone to keep the size guys happy.

Yeah, they probably did. But does that really matter?

Yes, because if it is by a wide margin...passing /recieving stats get inflated due to garbage time/going against second stringers

Ok, so an average of 8 receptions a game at a little less than 10 YPC with over 370 yards rushing at 13 yard per Rush attempt during that time span not good numbers?

I'm starting to see your love of this player.

In the past 25 years of the NFL, there has not been a WR at 170lbs who has put together an above average career as a #1, #2 and #3 WR.

Tavon would be the first and is a gamble.

Yes, because if it is by a wide margin...passing /recieving stats get inflated due to garbage time/going against second stringers

No garbage time yards (572) or points (2 TDs) in the Oklahoma game.

Just weeks ago, Tavon Austin's draft floor was seen at No. 16 overall with the Rams, but if St. Louis has eyes for the West Virginia wide receiver, they're in for a fight.

NFL.com's Jeff Darlington spoke Thursday with two teams that believe they'll have to hopscotch the New York Jets with the NFL draft's No. 9 pick for a chance to land this year's most dynamic playmaker

That alone might not do it. The Buffalo Bills, at No. 8 overall, have ranked Austin as the top player on their draft board, according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. The Bills haven't decided to use their pick on him yet, per Darlington, but Buffalo's bona fide interest in this electric receiver changes the game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000163312/article/must-any-team-who-wants-tavon-austin-leap-ny-jets

I'm starting to see your love of this player.

In the past 25 years of the NFL, there has not been a WR at 170lbs who has put together an above average career as a #1, #2 and #3 WR.

Tavon would be the first and is a gamble.

It wasn't garbage time. Check again.

Also, yes, I do like him.

And, Desean Jackson is who I'd compare him to. Same size, similar speed and dynamism. Desean jackson has played 5 seasons, last year was the only year where he was injured and only played about 2/3 of the season. In the other 4 seasons, he's had two 1000 yard seasons and the other two were over 900 yards.