Is TH 100% again? What is his exact condition?

stevestojan

I've heard he's questionable with those bruised ribs for the game against Detroit, and I wouldn't expect him to play much, if at all. But make no mistake, he'll play every regular season game he possible can with McGahee behind him.

that's what Im concerned about. Last year, he could afford (if he needed to) to take a game off if he really had a nagging injury (not that he would, but he could have). Now, I feel like even if he is hurting pretty good, he might try to play just out of fear of losing his starting spot. I know, its a stretch... I just want him healthy. 100%.

He got hurt, supposedly the pass was tipped, but it was thrown behind Travis. He slowed up and reached back to attempt to catch it, and he got buried by the LB.

It was reported that Drew went up to him after the play and said, "There you go for all those blitz pickups you missed last year".

He got hurt, supposedly the pass was tipped, but it was thrown behind Travis.  He slowed up and reached back to attempt to catch it, and he got buried by the LB.

14807[/snapback]

Yeah - i saw it happen on TiVo, just wondering how the warrior is doing now.. hasnt really been touched on too much

Mularkey just said that he was going to keep Travis out of tomorrow's game strictly as precaution and he will be starting and 100% by opening day. This isn't too bad. I bet MM wants to get WM some more work with the first line, plus he has a hard decision to make between Simonton and Shaud Williams and Joe Burns as to how many RBs and FBs he carries.

Mularkey just said that he was going to keep Travis out of tomorrow's game strictly as precaution and he will be starting and 100% by opening day. This isn't too bad. I bet MM wants to get WM some more work with the first line, plus he has a hard decision to make between Simonton and Shaud Williams and Joe Burns as to how many RBs and FBs he carries.

14812[/snapback]

But from what you heard, TH will be ready to go come Jax?

Definitely.  He said it hurts, but not as much as the torn rib cartilage he suffered last year, and that kept him out just a little under 2 games.

14821[/snapback]

damn... senior year of college, i broke a rib, and tore the small bottom rib away from the cage. That hurt so frigging bad. And for weeks after, sneezing was my biggest fear. I couldnt imaging strapping up and playing ball... TH is a monster.

damn... senior year of college, i broke a rib, and tore the small bottom rib away from the cage. That hurt so frigging bad. And for weeks after, sneezing was my biggest fear. I couldnt imaging strapping up and playing ball... TH is a monster.

14826[/snapback]

I bruised my sternum in an auto accident several years ago and to this day, if I make a certain movement (like if I drop something and bring my hands together quickly to try to catch it), I feel it for a second...rib injuries are not fun, and you learn really quick that most motions you make flex or compress your chest...

He got hurt, supposedly the pass was tipped, but it was thrown behind Travis.  He slowed up and reached back to attempt to catch it, and he got buried by the LB.

It was reported that Drew went up to him after the play and said, "There you go for all those blitz pickups you missed last year".

14807[/snapback]

What blitz pick-ups....Joe Burns was the guilty party last year

My understanding is also that this was the same injury he had last year though I have not heard whether it is simply continued naggin pain from the old injury or he injured himself a new in the same place.

I saw one article which described the problem as being he decided to be manly about this and played without a flak jacket or any extra protection on last year's injury and this is what being a foolish stud gets you.

I too have heard that if this was a real game coming up he would play and probably would be 100% given how he played through pain last year and would not make the flak jacket mistake again.