Bills Dolphins 1992 AFC Chamionship - full game online

for some not so strange reason watching this makes me wanna cry

There is nothing sadder than unfulfilled potential.

The Bills dominant roster was in great part the result of the USFL. It gave the Bills a number of good players all at once, but the USFL also helped keep the Bills losing during the mid-80's by stripping them of players like Jim Kelly and Joe Cribbs. That losing allowed them to acquire the likes of Bruce Smith. Enter Bill Polian and his shrewed drafting and by 1990 the Bills had the best roster in the NFL. And it was YOUNG.

Unfortunately, that roster also ran the asylum. The Bills coaching staff didn't have the will or the ability to hone a talented football team to a fine point. The Bills yawned their way thru to the SB year after year. It's sometimes made out like the Bills fought like hell to make it to 4 straight SB's, but the truth is that they were just too talented to be stopped by the AFC teams they had to face but not disciplined enough to take out the battle hardened, coached-to-a-peak NFC East representative in the SB.

Should've been a dynasty.

well i think it was a dynasty, just one that never completed the sale. its going to be many decades until somebody goes to four straight and that counts for more than something. still it sure was unfinished bidness. if i ever get the chance to have a cocktail with jim or thurmal i swear im gonna ask them if they regret partying like frat boys all those saturdays

well i think it was a dynasty, just one that never completed the sale. its going to be many decades until somebody goes to four straight and that counts for more than something. still it sure was unfinished bidness. if i ever get the chance to have a cocktail with jim or thurmal i swear im gonna ask them if they regret partying like frat boys all those saturdays

That is the reason why it is kind of sad to watch this though. Unfulfilled potential. Nowadays, it's pretty much inconceivable to have a roster that deep or just that much better than the next team in your entire conference. If the Bills had cashed in one of those SB's or even had they later rode their #1 defense past the Music City Miracle Titans and on to a SB victory over the Rams it would have taken all the sadness away from those seasons that just fell a few quarters short of championships.

There is nothing sadder than unfulfilled potential.

The Bills dominant roster was in great part the result of the USFL. It gave the Bills a number of good players all at once, but the USFL also helped keep the Bills losing during the mid-80's by stripping them of players like Jim Kelly and Joe Cribbs. That losing allowed them to acquire the likes of Bruce Smith. Enter Bill Polian and his shrewed drafting and by 1990 the Bills had the best roster in the NFL. And it was YOUNG.

Unfortunately, that roster also ran the asylum. The Bills coaching staff didn't have the will or the ability to hone a talented football team to a fine point. The Bills yawned their way thru to the SB year after year. It's sometimes made out like the Bills fought like hell to make it to 4 straight SB's, but the truth is that they were just too talented to be stopped by the AFC teams they had to face but not disciplined enough to take out the battle hardened, coached-to-a-peak NFC East representative in the SB.

Should've been a dynasty.

Best analysis of that era I've ever read. Concise, yet factual. Well done!

Yea I get it. We never one a super bowl. We went to four in a row. Lost em all. BUT....we won a whole bunch of big games getting to every one of em and I'll hang my hat on that till the day I die.

And............ no team will ever go to four in a row again.

And............SB 25 (i think) against the Giants we were clearly the better team. PERIOD !!

jb