Top Banker Says Government Caused Housing Crisis

Unreal.

How we forget so quickly.

Barney Frank, Schumer and Maxine Waters shouldn't have any credibility in anything of importance for the rest of their lives. :death:

That would make sense wouldn't it?

Instead, Frank's abject failure and negligence make him the most qualified man in Washington to reform the banking system and make all those capitalist pigs pay for their crimes. Unreal.

The book's premise is simply not true. Clinton is/was a Democrat. Democrats do not create problems. Ergo all aspersions casting shadows over the Clinton administration are faulty.

(Damn that George Bush.)

Nuf said....

He's with the CAto institute. Nuff said.

He's with the CAto institute. Nuff said.

God forbid.

This guy has forgotten more about this topic than you'll ever know. Maybe you should listen to what he has to say before dismissing him. Not that it would matter; anything that runs contrary to your narrative will be summarily dismissed.

God forbid.

This guy has forgotten more about this topic than you'll ever know. Maybe you should listen to what he has to say before dismissing him. Not that it would matter; anything that runs contrary to your narrative will be summarily dismissed.

1. C. Barkley - QB, USC; 2. T. Williams - WR, Baylor; 3. K. Greene - OLB, Rutgers; 4. N. Johnson - ILB, AL; 5. L. Pryor - FB, FSU; 6. D. Hopkins - K, FSU; 7. T. Jackson - QB, Sea. Alternates: 3. P. Escobar - TE, SDSU; 4. M. Lattimore - RB, SC.

Williams falls down a lot after he's hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep3ASYyhUB4

Come on main board!

Anyone got tickets for the home opener???

So did Torry Holt.

And I like the idea of reverse board mobility as much as the next guy, but not in the only John Allison thread we've ever had.

Look at it more as a jtsp thread.

I've thought the ratings agencies were the main culprit because of how far off they were in ascribing AAA, and how much the system is reliant on ratings. But he makes a good point government is more central. I think its close though. BTW ratings agencies have a government angle too since they're sanctioned and protected by them. Although the protection aspect is being challenged with a new case against S&P.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Unreal.

How we forget so quickly.

Barney Frank, Schumer and Maxine Waters shouldn't have any credibility in anything of importance for the rest of their lives. :death:

Chuck is known to have a massive campaign surplus from large hedge funds like SAC Capital, thats why he blamed all the smaller funds and prodded Bernanke and regulators to make it a lot more difficult for smaller funds to get started; in total opposition to the edict of not letting firms get "too big to fail". hes a real peach, that guy

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

If it wasn't for the CRA, which was nothing more than forced deregulation by way of regulation, none of this would have been possible. Lenders didn't have a problem with it as long as they could sell the loans to the secondary market. Those that want to blame everyone and their brother want to lessen the blame on the government for its failed social engineering attempt.

This. It's akin to Barry proposing the sequester, Congress voting it in, and then Barry blaming it on Congress for voting it in. :lol:

:rolleyes:

This. It's akin to Barry proposing the sequester, Congress voting it in, and then Barry blaming it on Congress for voting it in. :lol:

:rolleyes:

I have to laugh at some of these yahoos. TPS grudgingly claims it was everybody's fault while ignoring the fact that the government created the scenario for it to happen.

I have to laugh at some of these yahoos. TPS grudgingly claims it was everybody's fault while ignoring the fact that the government created the scenario for it to happen.

It certainly wasn't a Repub idea. I mean, those evil rich bastards would never want poor people owning homes!

It certainly wasn't a Repub idea. I mean, those evil rich bastards would never want poor people owning homes!

Carter/Clinton did this with an assist by the Repubs. Doesn't matter, it was wrong and caused schit over all spectrums. I'm just looking forward to the laughter.

If the evil corporate lobbyists weren't so effective, our elected leader's stupidity wouldn't be so easy to display.

Or something to that effect.

So wait, financing a 300K home on a 3yr ARM, no money down, with stated income wasn't a good practice.... say it ain't so...

Bad Public Policy, Fast and Loose Mortgage Writing, and a Dumbass Public that doesn't have a clue about leverage the fickle B word when they sign off at closing... I can't imagine where is all went wrong....

+1