Patriots may be looking for a CB...Dennard Convicted

http://profootballta...police-officer/

If the Pats lose Dennard for half the season (or more) and Talib walks, the Pats may have another weak secondary this year (not that it helped us much this past season). I could see them loading up on DB's this draft and free agency...possibly Revis?? That would absolutely suck. Then again, no matter how inexperienced the Pats defenders are, they always seem to play above their expectations when push comes to shove.

Also, a second point: The Bills have been the poster boys of "good character" players. Alot of us (myself included) now demand that we draft or grab FA's even with questionable backgrounds if they are more skilled than an otherwise "upstanding" player in the same position. I believe there is a line that cannot be crossed in assessing the character of a player...one DWI...whatever, we all make mistakes. One assault (misdemeanor)...hey, we all lose our temper. But when you beat up a police officer...that can't be tolerated. Same with Jarvis Jones..I think his repetitive run ins with the law and other off field incidents means the Bills (and most other franchises) will shy away. The line is unclear sometimes as to when conduct is considered unacceptable...when it happens, you know it. There is no hard and fast rule. But this guy (Dennard) should be suspended for the season in my opinion.

Edited by BringBackFergy

A scumbag goes to jail and the Pats lose a CB? Sounds like a win/win to me.

So true. But it bothers me that the colloquialism "cheaters never prosper" doesn't apply to the Pats. Not that beating up an officer is "cheating"...but even when they lose starters, they seem to fill in spots with average guys who play out of their minds.

So true. But it bothers me that the colloquialism "cheaters never prosper" doesn't apply to the Pats. Not that beating up an officer is "cheating"...but even when they lose starters, they seem to fill in spots with average guys who play out of their minds.

I can't blame the Pats for taking a 2d round talent in the 7th round. They took a risk and got a solid player, knowing it might only be for one year. Meanwhile, the Bills spent a 7th round pick to move up two slots in the 3d round and secure TJ Graham.

Of the 5 CB's on their roster they are likely to lose 3.

I believe they have 6 DBs who are UFAs, 4 of them CBs.

And no way they trade for Revis. Frankly, I don't think anyone will.

And I doubt they re-sign Talib for the money he's looking for.

I believe they have 6 DBs who are UFAs, 4 of them CBs.

And no way they trade for Revis. Frankly, I don't think anyone will.

And I doubt they re-sign Talib for the money he's looking for.

I saw that last night. Both starting CB's. Two backup LB's. 1 backup S and 2 backup CB's. That makes me think the hood might be in play to get LaRon Landry. He fits their MO and with their other hard hitters they could bring the wood.

I saw that last night. Both starting CB's. Two backup LB's. 1 backup S and 2 backup CB's. That makes me think the hood might be in play to get LaRon Landry. He fits their MO and with their other hard hitters they could bring the wood.

Salary will be an issue. Landry will be looking for big money after making the Pro Bowl.